JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

65 inch KS8500 4K SUHD TV Apps Stopped Working

(Topic created: 02-19-2022 01:09 PM)
Tony857
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a KS8500 65 inch Curved SUHD 4K TV that I bought from Best Buy in June of 2016. In January of 2022 the Apps stopped working. I have several streaming Apps, Disney+, Prime, HBOMax, NetFlix, Plex, and a few others. The Apps will load and show current menus and content, but when I try and access any of the content I get a message that says it either can't be loaded or is unavailable. Cold Booting the TV does not help. Deleting the Apps and reinstalling does not help. An update for the TV Software has not been available for several years. The software version is T-JZMAKUC-1250.2, BT-S. A Factory reset works, but only for a few weeks. I have Factory reset it 3 times now. I factory reset the One Connect box and now my Blu-ray player connected to it has Picture but No sound. 

I opened a support case with the Samsung Care team and they were surprisingly un-helpful.  They had no solutions and no suggestions other than removing power from the TV. They told me to download new Apps from the providers websites. I doubt that is an option.

I paid $3000 USD for this TV and its the 2nd most expensive device in my house next to my Forced Air furnace.  I find it hard to believe that Samsung has abandoned all support for this TV. I can still get suggestions and solutions for my 20 year old washing machine, Dryer, Stove, Furnace, Water Heater. Heck I can call Mattress Firm and get help with my Mattress.  I can't believe I am the only person on Earth with this problem. 

There are lots of references to Samsung Apps not working on Google, but so far none have worked for me. Does anyone know what could be my Problem?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tony857
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I figured out what caused the sound to stop working on my Blu-ray players. In the Settings menu, then Picture settings, and under Expert settings there is a menu option for "HDMI UHD Color." All four ports for the One Connect box were set to on. When I disabled (turn off) the port for the Blu-ray player, sound returned. Non-UHD Blu-ray players must be incompatible with the HDMI UHD Color setting. In my troubleshooting I tried different Blu-ray players with the same results.

View solution in context

10 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. Do you have your tv using Wifi or an ethernet cable? Also, make sure the tv is plugged directly into a wall socket and not a surge protector. I don't know why but this helps with a lot of issues with these newer model tvs. 

Tony857
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Thanks. I have the TV connected to WiFi. I have a Mesh WiFi, and the satellite is about 20 feet away. I don't think it's a WiFi. I have a Roku streaming box connected, and it doesn't have any issues. I do have the TV plugged into a surge protector. I will move it to the wall socket, and see if that helps.
0 Likes
SSuJPhil26
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I have a KS8000 with similar issues. It's still a beast of a TV, but without further support it's now slowly getting outdated..Here's what I did that helped. First while the tv is ON, hold the power button on your remote until it turns off and then back on again, you should be greeted with a samsung logo. Then go your network settings and switch the DNS to 'enter manually' try either 8.8 8.8 (Google) or 1.1.1.1 (cloudfare)
Tony857
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Thanks. The power button thing is really cool. I'm using the wireless connection, and I don't have an option to manually input settings.
0 Likes
SSuJPhil26
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
There's a little trick to it. Select "network status" then immediately click stop or just let it finish scanning (this takes you to the same thing just takes a bit longer) after doing so, you'll get the option to edit IP Settings
0 Likes
SSuJPhil26
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
This is the screen where the settings will appear20220222_232739_50711_1645594060.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
Tony857
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I figured out what caused the sound to stop working on my Blu-ray players. In the Settings menu, then Picture settings, and under Expert settings there is a menu option for "HDMI UHD Color." All four ports for the One Connect box were set to on. When I disabled (turn off) the port for the Blu-ray player, sound returned. Non-UHD Blu-ray players must be incompatible with the HDMI UHD Color setting. In my troubleshooting I tried different Blu-ray players with the same results.
Mitchmade
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with this occurring have you tried the steps in the link below? 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003027/

0 Likes