JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Closed caption is not working

(Topic created: 07-09-2022 05:11 PM)
user1E62uMqdnH
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Closed caption suddenly stopped working. Have tried every solution proposed by community. Nothing works. Question: Why did it stop working and why can I not get it to work again?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. If you are using an app and want to view closed captions (cc) then you have to go through the options of the particular app. The information below will show how to turn on the closed captions for the TV

If this does not help I recommend performing a factory reset. How to perform this is as follows:

Open Settings, and then select General.
Select Reset, enter your PIN (0000 is the default), and then select Reset.
To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically.
If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings, select Support, and then select Self Diagnosis.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. If you are using an app and want to view closed captions (cc) then you have to go through the options of the particular app. The information below will show how to turn on the closed captions for the TV

If this does not help I recommend performing a factory reset. How to perform this is as follows:

Open Settings, and then select General.
Select Reset, enter your PIN (0000 is the default), and then select Reset.
To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically.
If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings, select Support, and then select Self Diagnosis.