JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 02-24-2020 10:46 AM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
usermSZ3CKWDWs
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same issue with the 8500. How do I go about getting this fixed?

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look into this further for you can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number and pictures of the symptoms you are experiencing? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user9zjRQbA9jj
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hey everyone.  So get this. Samsung asks me again to provide the same info I sent them to them almost 2 months ago.  No clue.

0 Likes
userwIi5vccde8
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Screen looks just like ours on UN65JS850 tv. Started a year and a haft ago and now is unusable. Samsung was no help and passed me off to a tv dealer. Were do we contact a lawyer for a class action lawsuit? Next time it will be Sony or LG.

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userwIi5vccde8 I would be more than delighted to look into your case! Can you send your full model and serial number as well as some photos of the screen via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
bball
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Having the exact same issue with light bleed on the edges. Is Samsung going to do anything about all of these defective TVs?! I have owned multiple Samsung TVs and have never experienced this issue before. 

CD46BDF4-0AE1-482B-86E0-4D7829F2A882.jpeg

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send me a private message with your serial number so that I can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

0 Likes
jdptootall
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same issue with my UN65JS8500 I paid a lot of money for! This should not be our problem for Samsungs bad engineering for this set. It should be obvious by now that Samsung messed up; with this many sets affected by the same issues!

I purchased from an approved Samsung retail seller and they offered Square Trade insurance for it. I purchased the insurance for 5 years of peace of mind.  

I submitted this issue to Square Trade with pics, the troubleshooting results from the TV and some dumb tech writes back via email and says it's clear from the pictures that I threw something at my set (in three different spots) and damaged it and that my policy does not cover damage by user.

So I sought the next level of assistance and directed him to this thread where he agreed finally that I did not damage it and that there is an issue with this model.

Finally I thought I was getting somewhere...

BUT then he says unfortunately we cannot help you because this is clearly a manufacturer's defect and your policy does not cover manufacture defects!!

Really quite unbelievable. Not only did I purchase the worst TV policy ever offered but I got a TV that is now classified as a manufacturers defect that they can't help me with.

So I come here now to Samsung who manufactured these  TV's that obviously have issues and will not take responsibility for them! You have gladly taken our money and gave us a near top of the line at the time 65" TV that only lasts a short time.

I want everyone here affected to be compensated or fix our TV's! This isn't right! You are taking advantage of we the consumers!

THIS IS NOT RIGHT!!

user9JvlB8CrBF
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same problem with my UN65JS8500 and I agree that Samsung should take responsibility for these defective TVs and repair or replace them. The problem started a few months ago and has been getting progressively worse. How can I get Samsung to address this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@user9JvlB8CrBF    We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes