Original topic:

Startup Home Screen scares kids

(Topic created: 09-26-2021 09:54 AM)
userpb6lVP3SqE
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How can I select a homescreen or startup app that won’t play R rated movies that I can’t control. I have two toddlers and it is a complete gamble turning on the tv in front of them because it might be somebody being beaten in a bar, a guy being whipped in the Hunger Games, or something else I don’t want to explain to a 3 year old. 

samsung, this is completely unacceptable that the default screen on boot has this content. Seriously?!? How obvious is it that this is not ok…

please enable me to start on a homescreen of all the apps and nothing playing  (similar to the Apple TV) or start at an app of my choice. 
———-Edit———

@SamsungStephanie 
response to your suggestion that I use the “start on last app” and always end on a kids show is unacceptable. The start on last app feature does not work as other threads have pointed out. I tried this again today and it did not work. Second, there should be a default option to not display R rated material. It is ridiculous that I have to put any effort into blocking my children from that. 

1 Reply
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, I understand the concern and would suggest trying to adjust/access the Expert Settings Menu on the television. When you access the menu try to enable Auto-run for the Smart Hub and select Auto-run the last app however you will need to ensure you turn the television off on a kids channel for it to be effective. We apologize for this issue and hope this helps.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes