Original topic:

TV Plus: single channel not working

(Topic created: 11-18-2021 03:20 PM)
userVuAF9pzdNl
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello Samsung Experts,

I have a Samsung 2021 TV model with TV+ enabled. All channels worked just fine until last week, where the single channel we watched all the time on TV Plus started to error out with "Samsung TV plus is not available, check your network settings" — however, Samsung TV+ is working just fine, only this channel encounters this issue, which incidentally is the one my daughter watched non-stop since we bought this TV — PBS kids.

Is this some kind of content rate limiting? I tried logging out of the Samsung account,  unloading TV+ by loading other apps in memory, pressing "retry' on the error message... nothing seems to work, and it is only for this channel, the rest of TV Plus seems to work just fine. So do Netflix and Disney. 

Any ideas? Thanks!

0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, I apologize for any inconvenience, regrettably, the TV+ changes its lineup occasionally and the television channel is likely no longer available. However,  if available I would recommend downloading the PBS kids application directly to continue to have access for the little one, my son watches it daily so I completely understand. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userVuAF9pzdNl
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you SamsungStephanie. I have installed the app, and that works. 

The PBS Kids channel is still showing in the channel lineup, it just does not load when selected. I am not sure the channel was dropped...

0 Likes
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Not a problem and it was my pleasure. Yeah, I get it, and unfortunately with you confirming you still are able to enjoy the PBS kids channel directly from downloading the application versus the previous TV+ application does indicate access to the channel is likely no longer accessible via TV+. You can always contact PBS kids support directly to ensure it is not an update or change on their end as well. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
ChasJesús
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

FIXED for me...sort of...I switched the Network settings to my optional 5G router setting (someone suggested at another website). It worked for me. After 2 days, I only saw the disconnect message 1 time (formally, a dozen times a day, for several minutes each), and it was brief, 2 seconds. Also, the TV Plus channels load faster now (not instantly, of course). It now makes viewing a greater pleasure. TV PLUS is awesome!

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you so much for sharing!  

0 Likes