Original topic:

Warranty Repair

(Topic created: 03-15-2021 10:19 AM)
users9kSl9dV46
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My 75 in TV failed after 2 months. I have extended warranty that applies at time of purchase, and says I am not responsible to remove TV for repair. The basic Samsung warranty requires me to unmount TV for repair.

Which is correct?

Don”t I pay extra so I don’t have to unmount the TV?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I can't speak for the extended warranty but you are correct about the Samsung warranty. If you wish to go through Samsung for your repair, you will need to unmount the TV for the techs. Our techs will not work on the TV unless it is unmounted as it is considered a liability for them. I suggest reaching out to your extended warranty folks and have them verify their warranty terms.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I can't speak for the extended warranty but you are correct about the Samsung warranty. If you wish to go through Samsung for your repair, you will need to unmount the TV for the techs. Our techs will not work on the TV unless it is unmounted as it is considered a liability for them. I suggest reaching out to your extended warranty folks and have them verify their warranty terms.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
users9kSl9dV46
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks for your help.

Ken

0 Likes