JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

playing mp4 video from a flash drive

(Topic created: 12-11-2022 03:26 PM)
userdnouJZAsDG
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I recently was viewing some videos on my TV using my flash drive, and even though all of them are MP4 format, not all will play. Also, the video is displayed sideway on the screen and I could not find a way to rotate it. Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
o_Divine_o
Galaxy
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Check if it's encoded in h.265. Many devices don't support that format yet.
TV's don't always read the video header that contains the rotation. Sometimes that can happen with the type of encoding buy a different one will read the header.
I think this happens more with cellphone recordings than a camera or video recorder.

Use a pc to encode differently.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
o_Divine_o
Galaxy
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Check if it's encoded in h.265. Many devices don't support that format yet.
TV's don't always read the video header that contains the rotation. Sometimes that can happen with the type of encoding buy a different one will read the header.
I think this happens more with cellphone recordings than a camera or video recorder.

Use a pc to encode differently.
userdnouJZAsDG
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I appreciate you quick reply. I have no way of determining the encoded format, since it works fine on the computer, I won't be concerned about it. I was just curious as to how it would look on the TV so everybody could view it at once. I'm sure that some were taken with a cellphone while others were taken without digital camera, so that may be the problem. Thanks. P.S. I checked the manual on the camera I use, and the MP4 is encoded using H.264.

0 Likes