Original topic:

ATT One UI 4.0 (Android 12) Beta Question

(Topic created: 11-03-2021 06:20 AM)
JacobJakeJacob
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Man I'm REALLY new to Android guys. I just purchased the Fold 3 5G as my first Android phone EVER. So if I dint have an unlocked phone, and im with ATT, am I out of lock on the Beta?

It's a locked phone I'm guessing. Unless they specifically sell unlocked phones out of the stores now? I walked into my local ATT core store about 4 weeks ago, told them I'd like a Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G and went through the upgrade, added a line, and walked out. So I'm guessing it us NOT unlocked correct? 

Just want to confirm what u read from a random comment earlier that AT&T does NOT participate in Beta builds at all, so I'm out of luck? 
4 Replies
Options
Android 12
At&t doesn't do the beta programs for Samsung S21 S21 Ultra you have to buy the phone physically from At&t
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Android 12

@JacobJakeJacob I'm not sure if AT&T offers the option of unlocked devices or not. I think that if they do, you would only get one if you specifically asked for an unlocked device. And unlocked is probably not an option if you used their sweet trade in deal with a 3 yr commitment. 

You should be able to tell by the model number of your device. 

0 Likes
JRbowling1997
Galaxy
Options
Android 12
You should've bought it unlocked from best buy!!! That's what I did in June with my Z fold 2
0 Likes
jim9858
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Stay away from locked phones and away away from AT&T.