Original topic:

Android 12 update messed up data transfer?

(Topic created: a month ago)
birbcat
Constellation
Options
Android 12

I've been trying to understand why my phone decided to stop fast charging with the original cable and charger and why my PC doesn't see my phone anymore when connected via USB. I got a 3.1 USB-c cable and a higher watt charger so now I can fast charge again but I still can not, for the life of me, figure out why my PC doesn't show my Galaxy A52 5G phone when plugged in. Granted, my PC can not fast charge my phone anymore, but the data transfer is just gone. I have done USB debugging, USB configuration for file transfer, *#0808# for the MTP, reboot, and updated drivers for my PC. NOTHING WORKS. 

Has anyone else had any issues with the latest Android 12 update? I know my phone used to work just fine before and now it doesn't. Even a factory reset does nothing. I'm at a loss as to what happened. 

UPDATE: Got a response from Samsung and they told me what everyone else is saying: try different cables and PCs. I told them that I have and none of that works. Even brand new, 3.1 cables for charging and data transfer does not work. 

I also forgot to mention I'm an artist and I use my phone to draw. I have a XP PEN tablet that I connect to my phone via USB C port and that doesn't work either since this whole issue started. I get the USB connection icon but no input from my tablet. This part of not being able to use my drawing tablet is what frustrates me the most. I bought this tablet for my phone and now I can't use it.

I've also done the diagnostic that is built into Android itself and the only thing that doesn't work is the USB part. 

0 Likes
9 Replies
Richfh
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I started getting the same once I did the upgrade.
0 Likes
birbcat
Constellation
Options
Android 12

Have you found any solution? 

0 Likes
Richfh
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
No
0 Likes
This-is-me
Comet
Options
Android 12
Check with a different cable. Sometimes they just stop working
0 Likes
birbcat
Constellation
Options
Android 12

I've tried all my cables. Even new ones, 3.1, I just bought. None of them work. 

0 Likes
Mike423439
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I am having exactly the same problem. Did you by chance delete any obsolete software related to the camera or image editing? My problem seemed to begin just after I removed them.
0 Likes
birbcat
Constellation
Options
Android 12
Not to my knowledge. All I did was a factory reset and just like that, I started to have this issue. I did a backup before hand and restored what I had previously but nothing.
0 Likes
Mike423439
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I have two laptops and two phones. My s8 works fine on my pc but not my s10+. I am certain it is a software problem in Android 12. If I keep reconnecting the USB I can get it to fast charge. I will keep working on it.
0 Likes
birbcat
Constellation
Options
Android 12
I believe it's a software issue too. So weird how it affects some phones and not others.
0 Likes