JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to reduce/fix burn in on S22+

(Topic created: 07-03-2022 09:02 AM)
ohanquels
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

My phone was stuck in odin mode for about 6-7 hours due ti a failed OTA update and now there's a faint image of that screen burnt into the display. It's especially prominent on low brightness in front of the dark mode colour of the Play Store app in the area where the barcode and text at the top was.

Is there any way to reduce/fix this or am I out of luck?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S22
There is a way to reduce it but it takes time. And technically it's not reducing the burn in, but making the rest of the screen a little more worn out so the burn in is less perceptible. It's an app called "OLED Tools". Run it's burn in check and then run it's burn in repair two times a day until the burn in of the text is not all that noticeable.

Note: As I said before, this isn't fixing it, just damaging the rest until it's more even and less noticeable to the eye. The only proper fix is a screen or phone replacement.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
Unfortunately not
When it was stuck in download mode, did you hit the volume down to turn the brightness down?
0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy S22
There is a way to reduce it but it takes time. And technically it's not reducing the burn in, but making the rest of the screen a little more worn out so the burn in is less perceptible. It's an app called "OLED Tools". Run it's burn in check and then run it's burn in repair two times a day until the burn in of the text is not all that noticeable.

Note: As I said before, this isn't fixing it, just damaging the rest until it's more even and less noticeable to the eye. The only proper fix is a screen or phone replacement.