JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Calculator update (sounds on key press)?

(Topic created: 12-07-2021 12:31 PM)
userw9ZXV5dpOn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12

Can you all do another update and take the sound off the calculator?

68 Replies
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Android 12

I am sorry to hear of the sounds on key press from the calculator app. I can see how annoying it may be, and fortunately, there is a way to correct it.

Go to Settings > Sound and vibration > toggle the global device volume setting to one of these three options:

1. Sound: Plays sound on keypress
2. Vibrate: Provides haptic feedback (vibrate) on keypress
3. Silent: Plays no sound or haptic feedback on keypress. 

Please let me know if this helps, and this works for Calculator version 12.1.00.3.

0 Likes
userFlwe5ufQvf
Astronaut
Options
Android 12

That's not a solution! The solution is to fix the app or remove this stupid noisy app from phone. I believe the second option is faster than your Samsung app developers.

0 Likes
williamkijjambu
Constellation
Options
Android 12

Samsung Calculator Version 12.1.00.3 Tap Sounds. 

The sound started after updating to this version. I cleared cache, uninstalled & reinstalled in vain. I don't know what the cause could be. The sound is irritating. Please help... 

LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Android 12

@williamkijjambu I think that is a feature of the Calculator. I have 2 devices and they both have v12.1.00.3 and they make the clicking sound when a key is pressed. 

You could try Google's Calculator. It doesn't seem to make any sounds. 

williamkijjambu
Constellation
Options
Android 12

Well @LongHiker , I'll take this a solution if you say both devices do the same & that it is a calculator feature. Let me try the Google one. Thanks & Regards. 

0 Likes
L-Ak
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Turn down the volume while you are in the calculator
0 Likes
Syed Faraz
Astronaut
Options
Android 12

I have the same Samsung Calculator sound problem. I already reinstall it couple of time but the problem remains the same. Please let me know how can I resolve this problem. Thank you. 

0 Likes
userm3MQSOmsH3
Astronaut
Options
Android 12

Far from being "Solved".  Not sure why it would be marked as such.  Have reinstalled on multiple devices today and still the same noise.

0 Likes
userz9alEBl4Je
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I have a Note20G and started having this issue. Hope samsung comes up with a solution soon. Its very annoying to use the calculator
L-Ak
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Yes I hope they do also!! Not cool to just start making sound and not be able to turn it off.