Original topic:

Error message with the new update for Galaxy s20 FE

(Topic created: 01-14-2022 03:15 PM)
Carmen85
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

Hello! Is anyone else having trouble with the newest update? I keep getting an error message that the update failed. Can anyone help? Thanks!! 

0 Likes
8 Replies
userlx8n0n9QIT
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12
My Bluetooth is severely disrupted and I can't connect to my motorcycle now
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Neutron Star
Options
Android 12

open your own post please, don't overlap issues.

submit error report to samsung members app > get help > error report   after reproducing the issue.

you can also try cache partition clearing from recovery mode and rebooting after clearing.

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Android 12

I am sorry to hear that the update is not being installed, and can understand the frustration. Is it the Internal error 407 message? If so, you can resolve it with these steps:

1. Remove SIM from SIM tray and re-insert SIM. The 407 error message should disappear, and if not, simply reboot the device. 

2. Go to Settings > Apps > System Apps > OMADM > Force Stop OR Settings > Apps > System Apps > OMADM > Storage > Clear Data. After this, the error message should go away temporarily. Unfortunately, this error will reappear until T-Mobile sends another update. 

Please let me know if this helps, and if this is not the error you are receiving, please elaborate on it so we can assist further. 

Carmen85
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Thank you very much. I tried taking the SIM out of the tray and inserting it again, but I'm still getting the internal error message. I guess I'll just have to wait for an additional update. Thanks for your help though.
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Neutron Star
Options
Android 12

if the suggested fix by Ryder didn't help, you can also try contacting the carrier to help with the update. I suggest you back up the phone first just incase you are guided to flash the device or factory reset.

additionally you can submit error report to samsung members app > get help > error report   after reproducing the issue (attempting update again), 'tho not sure if samsung can do much for you in this area other than flash your phone with new update package... submit a ticket and see what they can do for you

can you share the phone's model number and the software version it's on at the moment? which carrier are you with?

Carmen85
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Hello, thank you for your help. The previous suggestion of taking out the SIM card didn't work, unfortunately. I'm on the TMobile network and my model number is: SM-G781U. It's currently on the 3.1 UI version, Android version 11.
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Neutron Star
Options
Android 12

you may have to flash the device to latest market version.

again... backup your device to a cloud (Google Drive, Samsung Cloud, One Drive are the options that I am aware of)

Using samsung pass is also very helpful if you haven't been using samsung pass

Carmen85
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Thanks for your help, I'll try that!
0 Likes