Original topic:

Fingerprint is not working with mobile bank apps after updating to Android 12

(Topic created: 11-26-2021 06:39 AM)
AMMO461
Constellation
Options
Android 12

Fingerprint not working with mobile bank apps installed on my Samsung Galaxy S21+. Updated to android 12

5 Replies
notforhire
Red Giant
Options
Android 12
how long ago did you update?
0 Likes
AMMO461
Constellation
Options
Android 12
Updated about a week ago
0 Likes
notforhire
Red Giant
Options
Android 12
A couple of things: I have a few apps that won't even open because I'm waiting on the app developers to get their act together and update their apps. On a different post I saw where the My AT&T app is creating problems after AT&T released the update. It happens. As to your mobile banking apps, as long as you can still log in (PIN, password) you at least have access and are only inconvenienced for the moment. Try to uninstall/reinstall those apps and see how that works. Read the reviews on the Google Play Store for the apps in question. Others may be having the same problem as you after the update.

According to many on this board, it's a good practice to wipe your cache partition and repair apps after any software update (not to be confused with monthly security patches). I do this each time and it helps. Good luck.
NexusPi
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Yeah I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G TMobile network Unlocked version. I updated to One UI 4, yesterday and I'm having lots of issues in opening banking apps. Wells Fargo don't even open. I just crashes. I have a WhatsApp in dual mode and I can't send any images. I'm sure there are more issues. I just haven't found a all the bugs yet. Hopefully Samsung can release a fix soon .
0 Likes
userdP5UFJNhMT
Astronaut
Options
Android 12

Same annoying issue, samsung, **bleep**

See comment 2 - wuth Authentificator all works fine
https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/fingerprint-not-working-in-apps.1543340/

If you are deliver unstable update with broken functionality then why you can't mention this in update notes???

0 Likes