JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 doesn't vibrate on notification (GMAIL)

(Topic created: 09-08-2021 10:46 AM)
userofthbjv3KH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,
I just bought my new GW4 but it doesn't vibrate on notifications.
I tried everything :
1) No night mode
2) No Theater mode
3) Resetting the watch
4) Vibration mode is on
I receive all the notifications but it doesn't vibrate when receiving for example an email in my Gmail account.
Can you help me?
Thanks

122 Replies
DebKaz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

that did not work either, I barley get notifications, when it feels like it it will push one through, mine doesn't even vibrated anymore when you go to set the vibration pattern etc. 

0 Likes
Ryan809
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Does anyone know how to turn off Smart relay? On my old watch 2 I was able to have my text messages come to my watch without them automatically opening the text message content but I noticed that on this new watch for, I am sitting at a table with other people and if a text message come in it automatically opens the content so the person next to me is sitting there reading the text message that has come through to my watch instead of the watch give me the option to see a badge of the person's name and picture who is sending the text message and wait until I click on the badge to open the content of the text message
0 Likes
Dantesam1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Having same issue. But when I set up my Gmail account in outlook mail watch will beep and screen lights up for new emails.
0 Likes
useryCUDWiaqVK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue on my Google Pixel 4XL.  I feel like it worked straight out of the box, before the update, but I have factory reset my watch 3 times and have been unable to get Gmail notifications since. 

Ironically I DO receive notifications (sound and vibrate) for outlook email address I have setup in Gmail, jut not the Gmail email addresses (I do get the red dot notifcation, but not the sound and vibration). All other notifications seem to work (FB, FB Messenger, calendar, texts, etc).

0 Likes
userq46IudNQiF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Having the same issue as everyone else. Very annoying and does seem very widespread. At this point i'm more curious to see who is not experiencing this issue. 

What I did notice is that if you delete a new email (unread) in gmail on your phone and then quickly press undo. The watch will vibrate and notify of the email. Not sure if that will help with troubleshooting purposes. I just found it very odd that notification for gmail worked when this was done. 

0 Likes
Members_Simr3CU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I came here looking for a solution for this when i noticed this bug as well.  I have a Galaxy Watch 4 and S21 Ultra 5G.  Everything notifies fun except Gmail.  I can see it in my notifications list but does not vibrate when its received.

user4V94Aj7IXk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Vibrating notifications for the calendar app do not work either (in flight mode).  They only vibrate when the watch is connected to the phone.  When not paired the notification tile gets created, but it does not wake the screen or vibrate. 

0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hopefully fixed updates are coming soon.  I'm using S20 Samsung mail for gmail account and GW4. Starting with no notifications on the watch, when the 1st mail came into the phone, I got a notification (vibrate + dot) on the watch, and any mails coming to the phone after there is no notification on the watch.

0 Likes
usertsozBOjRj4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

That's probably because you're using the Samsung Mail app - It has nothing to do with this topic, since the issue is the Gmail app doesn't notify on the watch.

Home_in_BKK
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

True, but it could be related to mail push notification issue in general.  I have no issue with original GW.

0 Likes