JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 doesn't vibrate on notification (GMAIL)

(Topic created: 10-20-2021 09:22 AM)
userofthbjv3KH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,
I just bought my new GW4 but it doesn't vibrate on notifications.
I tried everything :
1) No night mode
2) No Theater mode
3) Resetting the watch
4) Vibration mode is on
I receive all the notifications but it doesn't vibrate when receiving for example an email in my Gmail account.
Can you help me?
Thanks

122 Replies
tommy_s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have my watch since end of August and never work 100% as it should. First post here reporting issue with gmail notifications is from 8/20. Almost 3 months later and problem still persists. Samsung doesn't seem to care. Idk if thats watch soft problem or gmails but they selling product with serious glitch and whats worse they know it and not willing to do anything about it. I wish I have returned my when had a chance not hoping for Samsung to fix it ASAP
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, I am sorry to hear of your difficulties with Gmail notifications, and can understand the frustration it causes. For Gmail to work properly on the watch, you will need to link your Gmail account through Outlook. If you have no Outlook account, you will have to make one, then route your Gmail through it. 

Please let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
tommy_s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you for help but thank you. If i set up outlook i have double notifications - outlook vibrates and sounds and gmail showing orange dot on the screen. Is it official solution to that problem and Samsung won't address it anymore? Cause in this case watch is useless for me
0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

Turn off your Gmail notification and turn on Outlook notification.   

0 Likes
tommy_s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I would if it was $50 watch. For now I keep complaining
0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

I can understand how frustrating this can be. Have you tried resetting your watch through the wearable app? Here are the steps.

0 Likes
tommy_s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
You have 100+ comments from frustrated users. We tried everything so far without luck. Just fix it with the update and everybody will be happy
0 Likes
mlblack16
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Your information doesn't address the issue. At all. Read all of the complaints and take this to someone who can actually do something about it. It's posts like this that drive us nuts. Just a scripted response. There's clearly nothing we can do on our end to make Gmail notifications work properly.
Zaungast
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Update of the GW4 yesterday continues without improvement. Furthermore, no vibrations for e-mails. Use S21 with BlueMail.
0 Likes
Solution
jimiv123
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I received the new update (DUJA) in the US on my BT GW4C. Gmail notifications are working consistently. Getting Vibrate and the screen turns on. Check it out! Good Luck!