JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 doesn't vibrate on notification (GMAIL)

(Topic created: 08-20-2021 07:12 AM)
userofthbjv3KH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,
I just bought my new GW4 but it doesn't vibrate on notifications.
I tried everything :
1) No night mode
2) No Theater mode
3) Resetting the watch
4) Vibration mode is on
I receive all the notifications but it doesn't vibrate when receiving for example an email in my Gmail account.
Can you help me?
Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
jimiv123
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I received the new update (DUJA) in the US on my BT GW4C. Gmail notifications are working consistently. Getting Vibrate and the screen turns on. Check it out! Good Luck!

View solution in context

122 Replies
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

I can understand your frustrations, can I ask if you have tried these steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003096/

If you have been through the entire article with no change, repairs would be recommended. With it being so new, you may have other options through your retailer as well. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Zaslovl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
It not a defect, it's doing it with everyone watch. It's not vibrating just on Gmail notifications, look at the post look how many people it's affecting, it a software issue.
I have a s21 ultra and the galaxy watch 4.
jweimn55
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is NOT a hardware defect. This is a result of Samsung's heavy handed UI skin causing software issues on googles apps. This is entirely an issue Samsung needs to address, I can't even delete Gmail emails from my watch a basic feature Wear OS 2 had supported yet the new Wear Tizen doesn't.....

userofthbjv3KH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have done everything from that article but nothing.
I even tried pairing the watch with another phone and it does the same. 
Can't understand why, the problem is with Gmail, my watch receives the notification but it doesn't turn on or vibrate.
I think i will send it back.

Thanks

Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

It sounds like it may possibly be a defect in the vibration component, should you decide to look into repair options instead just let us know. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Rose4uKY
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
  • So people are already getting the watch? Mine says delivered by 8/31. Where did you get yours at already?
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

I believe non-US models have already shipped for some, US models are still on pre-order and have not shipped to my knowledge. 

user5PmPK0EpsW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue here with gmail, but there is vibration with other apps notification, so its a software issue.

I am using a Google pixel 5 with my galaxy watch 4 but i am running android 12 beta on the phone 😉

Tedward
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Exact same issue here. Did you ever get this resolved?
0 Likes