JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do you handle themes?

(Topic created: 01-24-2022 10:22 PM)
LindaK20
Galaxy
Options
Android 12
Okay. Here goes. I would really like your opinion about this. I currently have Android 12.

Since 2018 I had a S7 phone running Android 8 and it was the first phone that allowed me to purchase and download themes so I really had fun with it.

Then in 2021 I bought the Note 20 Ultra and it upgraded to Android 11 when I powered it up. So I found out that a lot of my Android 8 themes were no longer compatible with Android 11 and were not updated. Some themes updated to Android 10 and weren't updated to Android 11. They worked pretty good, but I used Theme Park to create keyboards to replace the white keyboard. Now the Android 11 themes are in the same situation as Android 10 to 11. Everything works pretty good except the backup phone to Samsung cloud is a white background with themed toggles.

(You will note that I am not concerned about the Android 8 themes. I had to let them go because the only thing left that themed was wallpaper, icons, theme sounds and message background. Everything else was white.)

So in a nutshell, I have 226 themes, some are Android 10, the majority are Android 11, and so far 50 are Android 12.

What would you do? Work with all of them as they are, delete Android 10 and 11 and keep only Android 12, or just delete Android 10? 

TIA. 🙂

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
jxenvyx
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
I personally would delete The Android 10 ones because odds are if they haven't been updated by now the designer probably won't be updating at this point. (Maybe you can look up the designers and if you have multiple themes that are from the same one you can send them a message asking if they would update it?). I would keep the android 11 for a little while longer just in case some do get updated.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
jxenvyx
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
I personally would delete The Android 10 ones because odds are if they haven't been updated by now the designer probably won't be updating at this point. (Maybe you can look up the designers and if you have multiple themes that are from the same one you can send them a message asking if they would update it?). I would keep the android 11 for a little while longer just in case some do get updated.
LindaK20
Galaxy
Options
Android 12
Thank you!! That's a great idea!