Original topic:

Miserable Android Auto experience on S21 Ultra

(Topic created: 01-22-2022 07:50 AM)
yakk
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I've got S21 Ultra 5G and have been experiencing android auto issues forever. 

The phone when plugged into the car does not initiate the Android auto properly. Some of the common but persistent issues are

1. Black screen on the car infotainment system with no display on android auto.
2. Android auto defaults to its home screen on car with no navigation(maps)
3. Google assistant fails to execute the command.

I've tried uninstalling android auto, providing all permissions possible on S21 Ultra 5G, hard resetting car's infotainment system at dealership etc but all these issues still persist. 

I filed the bug with samsung team on members app but they blame it on Google and rub their hands off it.

Surprisingly it works flawlessly from a Pixel device on the same car, so it's definitely not a Google issue. IDK what the heck Samsung is doing with Android 12 and this One UI 4 bugs messup.
Ekamek
Red Giant
Options
Android 12
Enable developer options and under Default USB configuration, make sure it's not "Charging phone only". Also, reset Android Auto app on the phone before reconnecting it to the car. You will need to allow connection when prompted.
0 Likes
usercp4vEoKGHD
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

Thank you for your suggestions.  I will try them.

0 Likes
Ekamek
Red Giant
Options
Android 12
Welcome. Good luck
0 Likes
user5Qz87KAMwk
Constellation
Options
Android 12

I got my S21 Ultra about a month ago and it sounds great when played through the phone but through my car (2021 Kia Forte) it sounds awful. Some songs the audio distorts really noticeably and audiobooks sound awful with sibilance issues. I've messed with just about every setting I could think of and played around with the equalizer on both my phone and the car and the only thing that helps is turning the 1k-16k frequencies to -10dB but then the sound is obviously terrible otherwise. It happens at all volumes too. The car audio is fine with radio and CDs but anything played through the phone is bad. Any ideas what I could do to fix it? 

userIfyPPhibLq
Constellation
Options
Android 12
2013 Hyundai sonata won't pair with galaxy S21 ultra 
notforhire
Red Giant
Options
Android 12
I'd imagine not. Bluetooth from 2013 just might be a bit dated for a 2021 phone. I could be wrong, but that's my expectation.
0 Likes
Members_QnRleeg
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

I used to play music in my car from my S21 Ultra with no problem.  Then, a couple of updates ago, it quit working.  Bluetooth shows it is connected.  Yet, the receiver says, "no device" or "disconnected."  I've tried plugging it in with the USB.  Still, no sound.  It's super frustrating.  I've deleted all devices from the receiver, un-paired and re-paired, and deleted and re-installed the receiver app.  Still, no sound.  Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Thank you.

MunipulatoRT
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Do Any Your device🫂...
Maybe Downloaded Ya Receiver
As," thee Source "+ Therefore
Re¢heck Installed Connection @
W\0 Accessories_or Assorted Jack.
Then thee Main R & L OutPut
Power An RCA jacks If Applicable
hook All Theses About On Correct
Status 😤🤖 From Rite Too Lift.
Dissconnect That Wat Might Give
Passive Static✓
0 Likes
userjr3mfpZH36
Constellation
Options
Android 12

Hello! I have a very frustrating issue with this phone. When I have it Bluetooth connected to my 2014 Corolla it will just suddenly lose the connection. I have been in the middle of a phone call and had it lose connection. Or while playing music. I know it's the phone and not the car because my daughter who has a non Samsung phone doesn't have any problem staying connected to the car. I would expect a lot better functionality from $1100 + "flagship" phone.

0 Likes
userBGg9yLrxI5
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Have you tried to see if the phone has any connectivity issues with other devices. I know that other vehicles had issues with Samsung phones, but it was not the phone issue it was the vehicle
0 Likes