Original topic:

Multiple S21 Apps Crashing After Android 12 UI 4 Update

(Topic created: 11-18-2021 02:59 PM)
Realcyberbob
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

I updated to Android 12 (not beta version) about 8 hours ago through the prompted software update, wiped cache partition, repaired apps, uninstalled and reinstalled Android Webview, updated all Apps in Play Store and Galaxy Store but still can't open certain apps without them closing instantly, some examples are Microsoft Outlook, Best Buy, Wells Fargo, Youtube, Pandora, Yahoo! Finance.  Anybody know a fix?  And of course, have the 120hz/60hz bug.

24 Replies
sparky1990
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
What's the 120hz/60hz bug?

I was having the same issue with the apps but on my s10+ I read online that it was within play store and/or Galaxy store that was having issues and the next day it was gone (at least for me). Hopefully they fix all these issue out with the 12.
0 Likes
Realcyberbob
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
There's a significant lag/stutter when using 120Hz refresh rate, I think due to android trying to save power so it slows down the refresh rate to 60Hz and the change is noticeable.
0 Likes
Options
Android 12
Yeah the old adaptive settings would go back to 60 only after 3 secs or so after you stop touching the screen but this one is instant down to 60 after your finger lifts off the screen

It's like they tried fixed what was never broken and made it worse.
Options
Android 12
Can you disable this? Some users like me want 120hz at all times. What WOULD be a cool setting is to set 60hz/120hz mode overrides for specific apps and games. 60hz for games that have glitches or don't utilize 120hz or 120hz even if your device is set to 60hz.
0 Likes
Kingswurv
Halo
Options
Android 12
Save and factory reset
0 Likes
userK81vZyrhDv
Astronaut
Options
Android 12

Same problem as yours, specially on outlook, and of course many other apps. No fox so far, i tried everything 

0 Likes
Realcyberbob
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Did you try factory reset? This is my last option (other then waiting for a software update) but I highly doubt it would fix the issue so don't want to waste my time for nothing.
0 Likes
Options
Android 12
I have apps that won't work (I'm on the 4th beta)...in most cases, we're waiting on the app devs to handle up on their business on their end.
0 Likes
Realcyberbob
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
If that's the case, you'd think major companies like the ones I listed would be up to date with Android 12 rollout.
0 Likes