Original topic:

Note 10 S Pen Not Connecting after January 2022 Update

(Topic created: 01-11-2022 09:01 PM)
jimmydafish
Astronaut
Options
Android 12

I downloaded the most current update for my Note 10 and now the S Pen won't connect to my phone. 

Build: SP1A.210812.016.N970USQU7GULD

I have never had this problem before and it only began directly after this current build finished installing on my phone.

I already tried: resetting the pen, restarting the phone, reconnecting the pen, pretty much all of the suggestions I have seen online.

Any suggestions for a fix? Will there be a patch to fix this?

22 Replies
user1Pa2tYjn0o
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I am having this exact same problem. I hope there will be a fix.
xjennyx
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I'm having the same issue!! Frustrating!!
0 Likes
NanaJ4
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I am also having the same problem. I have the note10+. I hope they fix it. My over all phone is acting weird.
0 Likes
Joshua06
Constellation
Options
Android 12

I am having the same issue as well, is there a workaround for this? Or do we need to wait for an update for it to be fixed?

0 Likes
CrisGarcia6
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12
After my Note 10+ upgraded with One UI 4.0, I think that the S pen Air Action is buggy.  You know, when you try to do like the magic wand Or wirelessly press the button of the S pen to play/pause the music or video. I have been getting a disconnection with the S pen. When I take out the S pen, the S Pen Air Action feature gets disconnected. When I put the S pen back into the phone, The Reconnecting screen pops up and it takes a while. After it was connected. I went to the S pen Air Action quick settings and I went to the S pen air action settings noticed that when the S pen is charging, the percentage is uncontrollably going up and down. Idk what is the issue and I'm not sure if this can be a bug. If it was a Bug, samsung would have fixed the issue on the update about the S pen problem and not connecting properly. My S pen is not damaged, nor I never put my phone in the water. 
MrJell_Lee
Neutron Star
Options
Android 12

seems quite a handful(s) of people are experiencing s pen connection issues, I suggest you submit error report to samsung members when the issue happens again.

Samsung Members app > Get Help >  Error Report.

If you haven't tried yet, cache partition clear from the recovery mode and reboot to see if it helps. Seems updates sometimes cause random issues, including connectivity problems.

usertugXHjP5KL
Constellation
Options
Android 12

I am experiencing the same issue after my Note 10+ upgraded with One UI 4.0

0 Likes
useroAviHmAAUk
Constellation
Options
Android 12
Same here! Note 10
0 Likes
userzAVlE3N7Rl
Constellation
Options
Android 12
My Note 10 is having the same issue. Hopefully enough error reports would help lol
0 Likes