Original topic:

Notification Panel is all mess in the One UI 4 upgrade

(Topic created: 12-29-2021 02:24 AM)
Bee18
Explorer
Options
Android 12
I pretty much like everything about the One UI 4 upgrade except for the notification panel. Previously, in the notification panel, alerting notifications are on top & non-alerting (silent)  notifications were in the bottom separated by a line but now everything is mixed up and can be confusing as all my non important & important notifications are all mixed up together.
9 Replies
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Android 12
Settings
General management
Reset
Reset settings
0 Likes
Shf
Constellation
Options
Android 12

TheGalaxy What do you mean by this?

I use reset accessibility settings and it won't work. I think reset all settings will not work too, and it is irreversible thing to do. Too risky.

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Android 12
What is life but not a collections of risk
0 Likes
Shf
Constellation
Options
Android 12

@TheGalaxy I've done it. And it didn't work. The notifications are still in a complete mess. Now I am still struggling to pick where is my important notifs during work time, as I have hundreds of notifications, and I don't want to dismiss them because I'll look onto them at the end of the day.

Oh and btw, all of your settings, including wifi passwords, all disappear.

0 Likes
Options
Android 12
Might be a Longshot, but are you using the quickstar app? It's part of Good Lock and I think it has a setting that does exactly what you're describing
0 Likes
JayeCat
Constellation
Options
Android 12

Quick star used to have this.. but not anymore?

The notification pane used to have two sections, alerting ones at the top and silent ones at the bottom, easy to ignore. Now it's all mixed up together in one big block. 

who designed this?? why do they hate being able to see what's important

Screenshot_20211229-020839_QuickStar.png

0 Likes
Shf
Constellation
Options
Android 12

I have the same problem. I wonder why there are no one talking about this.

Is it because no one care about this feature, or not everyone got this UI 4 update?

Or is it because very few people using S21s 😅

Still looking for the solution for this on the internet and found nothing ☹️

0 Likes
user8IFYrvQUbd
Constellation
Options
Android 12

i am facing the same issue..all  notifications are cluttered.Any fix for this ?

0 Likes
Fengod
Astronaut
Options
Android 12

In previous versions of One UI the feature is still working. I talked with Samsung's support at my country and they told me wait for a new version with this feature.

There is an ETA for this update?

0 Likes