Original topic:

S21 Ultra 256gb phone call feedback noise

(Topic created: 11-30-2021 07:05 PM)
MikeVee
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

I just recently got a forced update on my S21 Ultra (AT&T variant) to Android 12 and this new version has introduced a bug that is giving me a lot of headaches while taking calls at work. on speaker phone or regular phone, the caller hears their own voice being fed back into the call and it's really disorienting for them. the only way to fix it is for me to either restart my phone (which the issue will come back after a call or 2) or use a bluetooth headset to talk.

this is really frustrating especially when the update was forced upon me without the ability to skip the update.

Build number SP1A.210812.016.H998USQU4BUK7

Service provider software version: SAOMC_SM-G998U_OYN_ATT_12_0017 ATT/ATT,ATT/ATT

I really need this to be fixed asap because making calls has been pretty excruciating and it is literally crippling the main function of the phone.. the ability to make calls.

9 Replies
Calder-Cay
Honored Contributor
Options
Android 12
The update is ONLY forced if you have "Auto download over Wifi" enabled

Reboot phone to Maintenance/ Recovery screen and Wipe Cache Partition and Repair Apps

Worth a try
0 Likes
MikeVee
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
hmm on my phone the update option doesn't give me an option to disable Auto download over WiFi. maybe I'm not looking in the right place
0 Likes
Mrs-Cay
Black Hole
Options
Android 12
Hmmm. Don't see option as in attached?
oScreenshot_20211130-214354_Settings-01_18587_1638330352.jpg
0 Likes
MikeVee
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
none.. this is what I haveScreenshot_20211130-195306_Software Update_25367_1638330786.jpg
0 Likes
Calder-Cay
Honored Contributor
Options
Android 12
Ouch!!

Why I'll never be tied to a carrier...

Try this

Press and hold Side key until you see Power Off - select it to power off the phone.

Now, off to the Maintenance (Recovery) screen:

Press and HOLD the Volume Up key, and while holding, press and HOLD the Side key.

When the Samsung splash screen appears, release both keys. Within a few seconds, you'll see the Maintenance screen, with a number of menu options.

Use the Volume Down key to highlight Wipe Cache Partition. Press Side key, select "Yes".

Now, Use Volume key to highlight "Repair Apps" (should be last menu option). Use Side key to select it.

The phone will automagically restart. Let the phone settle down for a couple of minutes.
0 Likes
MikeVee
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

yeah, unfortunately my phone was about to die and it was a good deal.

luckily enough i did a check for update and by chance there was an update available. applied the update and i haven't heard a complaint since.

0 Likes
MikeVee
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

I tried do wipe cache partition and repair apps. no luck. 

i also applied the update that i saw previously and it still doens't work.

callers are hearing themselves whether it be on speakerphone or off.

0 Likes
userbK4ACjCBYu
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
That happens to me as well and only since the last update. It also happens to my friends after the update. Sometimes it takes more than one reboot before it works. Sometimes I have to make sure my Bluetooth is off. So....🤷‍:female_sign:
0 Likes
MikeVee
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

I went after at&t recently and they pushed ANOTHER update. i haven't heard any complaints yet.... but I haven't ask. will update when i talk to someone else who is not on AT&T.

I should also mention that I have also found out that this is a weird issue that only happens when a non AT&T customer calls my phone. if other AT&T customer calls my phone, there's no echo. it's super duper weird.

0 Likes