Original topic:

S21 ultra auto hdr issue android 12 update

(Topic created: 11-27-2021 06:24 AM)
fastride3321
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
So updated my device and wa t to know if anyone else has this problem with the auto hdr feature in the camera. When I used to take a picture and auto hdr was turned on the icon would appear in the corner of the screen to key you know hdr processing was being applied. Now that it's been updated it no longer does this. The only icon that shows is when your in video mode with hdr10+ which I like because that wasn't like that b4 however I would like to know if the hdr feature in photos still works?

0 Likes
8 Replies
userU0oSFVbjPn
Constellation
Options
Android 12

Yes, happens to me, too.  Moreover, I can't tell the difference between shots taken with Auto HDR on or off.

0 Likes
SteveFrench8801
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12
I'm having the same issue. I've turned off, "Auto HDR" and still the icon doesn't return. I also can't tell if the hdr is actually turning on
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Android 12

Same here.  I just sent in an error report.  I suggest that you all do the same.

Right after the issue appears, please submit an Error Report. Samsung Members app->Get Help->Feedback->Error Reports

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
userU0oSFVbjPn
Constellation
Options
Android 12

I can't find the Feedback->Error Reports to report this problem.  I'm logging in from a Windows PC.  Can I do it from here, or must I install a Samsung app?

(Anyone got a fix for this Auto-HDR error yet?  Mine seems to be on all the time, but shows no icon.  Unimpressive QA)

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Android 12

@userU0oSFVbjPn You need to use the Members app so it can send the debug logs to them.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
useruf8MTgH0NF
Astronaut
Options
Android 12

I have the exact same issue with my Galaxy S21+. I tried deleting the cache and data for the camera app - it didn't help. So I submitted an error report and I'm waiting for a reply now.

0 Likes
Spicoli_SGT
Galaxy
Options
Android 12
This has happened to me on my Z Fold 3, as well, and I have sent an error report. Response from Samsung says they have raised the issue with their developers. 🤷‍:male_sign:
0 Likes
Spicoli_SGT
Galaxy
Options
Android 12
They replied to me and said that scene optimizer is only used now to detect night mode or documents, but did not say anything about Auto HDR
0 Likes