Original topic:

Unable to clear Cache

(Topic created: 01-17-2022 10:11 PM)
JunLethalPoet
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Every time I clear the Cache on the Samsung internet app it goes to 0 once I back out of it the Cache comes right back I do it 10 times it don't clear. I used to never have that problem. I also closed all tabs cleared internet settings. Help please. 
0 Likes
15 Replies
JustDewIt
Comet
Options
Android 12
If it says there are KB of memory in there, that is almost nothing.
MB is a lot, but still manageable.
GB is a bit too much, but just clear it and you're good to go.
JunLethalPoet
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
It says 2.43 GB of cache. When I clear cache it goes down to 0 but when I back out all the cache comes back. Look at pictures. 0b is when I cleared it. 2.34GB is after I backed out the app setting and reentered the setting. Screenshot_20220118-004002_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20220118-004010_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
JustDewIt
Comet
Options
Android 12
Does it do that for apps like YouTube or Facebook or anything else? You clear it and it doesn't clear when you visit that screen again?
0 Likes
JunLethalPoet
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Nope every other app clears and stays clear when I reenter the settings it's only the Samsung internet app. It's driving me crazy. I'm very tech savvy. My business is technology. I never thought this could bother me soooooo much. It's been on going for many months.
0 Likes
JustDewIt
Comet
Options
Android 12
What phone do you have and what version?

I have S20 Ultra on Android 11 and it's working for me. But it's good to know what you're using
JunLethalPoet
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Galaxy s20 android 11 on t-mobile network. Sm-G981U
0 Likes
JustDewIt
Comet
Options
Android 12
Hmmm. It is odd...
0 Likes
JunLethalPoet
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Hopefully with the new update whenever it's released to my phone. The issue becomes resolved.
JustDewIt
Comet
Options
Android 12
I just installed Android 12....and both issues still remain.