Original topic:

ghost touches after update s22 Ultra

(Topic created: 05-12-2022 08:30 AM)
userV5vh94Ta2Y
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

I have the samsung s22 ultra.. is somebody also getting the same problem? after the recent update, my phone is having issue with ghost touch. the back, home, and the other button is getting tapped on its own. I thought at first i accidentally exited the app i was in and now even if i lay my phone on the table, unlocked it would close apps or show the recent apps sometimes it would switch to the last app i was in. 

userV5vh94Ta2Y
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
**update**

I forgot to make an update about this.. after the system update my phone is now good.. I'm so happy
0 Likes
userPRkXQmNY2t
Constellation
Options
Android 12
My S22 Ultra when watching videos or on social media my back button and home and menu button press on its own without me touching it. 
Options
Android 12
On text messages, no number, but email's show only an I want to block these, how can I block, keyboard only number's?
0 Likes
bik07
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12
Disable increased touch sensitivity. It's a bug that Samsung needs to fix with software update.
userPRkXQmNY2t
Constellation
Options
Android 12
I'll try that thank you
0 Likes
PianoManJay
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
I have this disabled on both my S22 Ultras and still have this issue with both phones.
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Android 12

What is the device model number and software version (settings > about phone > software information > build number (last 4 digits)) ?

Reproduce issue then report to Samsung Members app > Get Help > Error Report

0 Likes
JustDewIt
Comet
Options
Android 12
I have the S22 Ultra... I have random touches on my screen mostly at specific times or in specific apps (including native Samsung apps).

I turned on Developer Options>Input>Pointer Location and it does show the screen being touched at the times of glitching, in those areas which mostly center towards the bottom of the screen.

I really hope this is not a hardware issue... The only reason I'm believing it is software-related is because it only happens in specifics applications, and it started happening after a recent firmware update.
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Android 12

Reproduce issue then report to Samsung Members app > Get Help > Error Report

What is the device model number and software version (settings > about phone > software information > build number (last 4 digits)) ?

0 Likes
itneveroccurred
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12
I had the same thing happening to me, initially it would go crazy when I had Gboard open and it would stop when I switched to Samsung keyboard, but it would then happen a couple times randomly like you said at the bottom of the screen. Curious what could be causing it, but it stopped a couple days ago even though I haven't restarted. Glad to hear I'm not the only one tho.