Original topic:

ghost touches after update s22 Ultra

(Topic created: 05-14-2022 04:10 AM)
userV5vh94Ta2Y
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

I have the samsung s22 ultra.. is somebody also getting the same problem? after the recent update, my phone is having issue with ghost touch. the back, home, and the other button is getting tapped on its own. I thought at first i accidentally exited the app i was in and now even if i lay my phone on the table, unlocked it would close apps or show the recent apps sometimes it would switch to the last app i was in. 

34 Replies
B4M
Constellation
Options
Android 12

Update: As a few other members in the comments belowed have mentioned, there was a recent update. This appears to have fixed the problems I've noted below. I'm leaving this post here for future reference in case others experience the same issues. But the problem seems to have been resolved!

TLDR;  My S22 Ultra seems to have a ghost.. it will press one of the 3 menu buttons at the bottom of my screen when I'm using certain apps, most commonly the Back button (bottom right), but sometimes the Home (middle) button, and rarely the Recent Activity (bottom left) button. I can literally put my phone down, and it'll still touch the bottom of the screen on its own.

It only seems to do this with specific apps, and only when using those specific apps... these include Samsung Notes, Tradingview and Flipboard.

The fact that these apps have no correlation with eachother suggests that it's either being caused by my screen protector, or there's a glitch in the software whenever a certain type of app is opened.

I've never dropped the phone, software and apps are all up to date, and it's never encountered water or even humidity.

I believe I can rule-out my screen protector because it doesn't have this problem with any other app on my phone. It's only with very specific apps. I've reached out to the developers of those apps, but they haven't responded yet. I'm using the ArmorSuit Screen protector. I used the clear screen protector at first, but when the problems started to occur, I thoughts I'd switch, thinking that was the cause of the issue. But after applying a new screen protector (same brand), it's still an issue. 

The apps and android software is completely up-to-date, and I can post versions if needed, I just don't know which would be relevant in this case. 

I'll note that I also have Developer Mode activated, so I can edit a bunch of settings that aren't normally accessible to the standard owner. However, I haven't adjusted any of the settings, yet. I'm testing the sensors and sensor Activity to see if this is causing it, but it still seems to be an issue.

Any other thoughts or ideas on what else I could be checking or adjusting? Thanks

JustDewIt
Comet
Options
Android 12
This has been happening to a lot of people. It may have been a recent update. I just got another new update last night though... So hopefully that was a hot fix for this issue... We will see
itneveroccurred
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12
So far it hasn't been happening anymore, especially the bug where swiping on a keyboard would get cut off half way, so the update must've fixed it.
B4M
Constellation
Options
Android 12
The update seems to have fixed the issue. I've updated the post for future reference. Thanks for making note of this!
0 Likes
idcwhatever
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Just send the ghost back to the 2nd dimension and I'll deal with it later.