Original topic:

"Open With" links in Android 12 sucks!

(Topic created: 11-30-2021 09:34 AM)
RoryBreaker
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

Samsung what are you thinking? You've done some horrible things to our devices before but this might be the worst!

For years we have been able to click a link and have it take us directly to the corresponding app, now it just takes us to a browser...THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME & INSANE!

In case you need an example, before this latest version if you clicked a link to Instagram it would open the Instagram app provided you had it on your phone. Now if you click that same link it only takes you to a browser so the experience is different. If you're not logged in on that browser you can't function the same. It's not just Instagram, it's any app that you should be directed to.

Bottom line is I would expect this inefficiency from an iphone...not a Galaxy. PLEASE FIX THIS! 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Dkayblessed
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I have the same issues about to throw this Samsung phone off a bridge into water.
RoryBreaker
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that feels this way. I do have some good news...there is a workaround.

Download "Better Open With" from the Play store. This will bring back the functionality. Take your time and thoroughly go through the settings. This will keep you from hating your phone.
0 Likes
Dkayblessed
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Thank you so much. May your New Year be a blessed one.
RoryBreaker
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Thank you and to you as well, pls lemme know if it works for you
0 Likes