Community Corner

[OFFICIAL] Samsung Community Updates: learn more about the exciting changes!

Samsung Dusty
Samsung Employee
Options

Hello Everyone!

Over the past several months we have been working to bring exciting new features and programs to the community that we're thrilled to announce today

Our goal this year is to make the Samsung Community a place that offers our members more opportunities to grow, connect with peers, and build your brand and reputation. To achieve that, in the following weeks we’ll be introducing….

• New Community Badges
  • Re-launched Samsung Ambassadors (now with ranks, points, and badges!)

New Community Badges 

Our new badges will now look slightly different than the current line-up of badges. You’ll notice that the colors and styles have evolved to better communicate the accolades and milestones you have earned throughout your career here in the community. You’ll keep all the badges you’ve already earned. In addition to the existing badges we’re introducing new types of badges:

Onboarding Badges: these badges start at the beginning of your journey and you gain these badges as you complete specific tasks and challenges in the community.

Activity Badges: granted to community members based on completion of basic community actions. (Example: create a new topic, give or receive a like, gain accepted solutions, and many more activities and feats. 

Milestone Badges: awarded to the members who achieve multiple badges in different categories. (Example: 20 solutions, 20 likes, 20 topics published to gain a Milestone badge.)

Stay tuned for more badges being added throughout 2022 and beyond!

Click here for more information about badges.

Community Ranking

Ranks are a community-wide textual element labeling the level achieved by a member by meeting specific requirements. You will see other member ranks under their user handle and they identify how much that member has contributed to the community. 

What are the Community ranks?

All Community members have a rank displayed next to their name, for example, Astronaut, Galaxy, Comet, Constellation etc. The ranks indicate if someone is relatively new to the Community (Astronaut), or if the person has been an active Community member for a long time, authored multiple solutions, received recognition from other members by earning "likes", and visits the community regularly. 

Though we don’t want to put the full requirements on public display to avoid any gaming of the system, we do understand that it can be helpful to your community journey to have an intimate understanding of how this all works

Progressing through the ranking ladder is based on an -all-time - combination of different actions to determine just how you stack against your fellow community members. Some of those actions include:

• Adding a Like to a post to show that member how valuable and helpful you believe their submission is to the community.
  • Creating new insightful and helpful topics that lead to engaging conversations.
  • Replying to a post that ultimately resolves a member’s issue (Accepted Solution)
  • Visiting the community regularly to review new updates from your community team and other members. 

Of course this list doesn’t expose all of the machinery that runs the ranking progression system, but this should give you a peek into how you as a member can continue to grow and make a name for yourself here on the Samsung Community.

Rank Progression Through Activity

Level 1 - Start of your journey. This is your time to learn the ropes, have conversations with fellow Samsung enthusiasts, and build your profile. Stay active and you will steadily climb the ladder.

Level 2 and beyond - as you advance to the higher tiered ranks, the level of contribution necessary becomes more challenging. Here you should expect to create responses that are accepted as solutions, receive recognition by creating valuable and engaging posts, and visit the community regularly. 

Relaunching Samsung Ambassadors, the Samsung advocacy program!

The Samsung Ambassador program will be changing. This program is for you if you want to:

• Get access to exclusive events and educational content
  • Connect with other advanced users of Samsung
  • Build your brand and reputation as the leading Samsung expert
  • Be featured in Samsung content and share your Samsung success stories
  • Help others understand what’s possible with Samsung by speaking at events, taking reference calls, and writing blog posts 
  • Have fun with a group of like-minded individuals who love Samsung as much as you do.

To participate, be sure to visit the Samsung community daily for new updates, earn badges, help others resolve common problems, receive recognition from your fellow Samsung experts, and continue your steady climb up the ranking ladder to earn your spot in the Samsung Ambassador program! 

Questions?

If you have any questions about these changes and new features, please feel free to ask your questions below and join the conversation! 

We hope you are as excited about these updates as we are!

-SamsungTeam

126 Comments
Chirpy
Astronaut
Options
Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Great!
user9Rrfe0QZjh
Constellation
Options
I'm new to this community and can't wait to see what it's all about
Angel00731
Halo
Options
And thats's why i been with Samsung for Years.. this is going to be great for Samsung users and the community
BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA
Asteroid
Options

Welcome to the Samsung Community Glad to have you all!! 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Great News for the USER friendly
Jane6
Astronaut
Options

I HAVE A Samsung Tracfone A02s. 

GLJ78
Constellation
Options
Awesomeness
Ari21
Halo
Options
Sounds Great!! I'll stay tuned!!
usermeCSn7XIze
Astronaut
Options

This is new to me the community part, so hi everyone.

StarGuy63
Astronaut
Options
Are these goals reachable as well as obtainable ,
gnome_keeper
Astronaut
Options
Awesome. Thank you Samsung Team for the update. I'm look forward to engaging with the Samsung community in the near future.
wenda
Astronaut
Options
Hello everyone
dshea34
Astronaut
Options
Let's try
whengmar68
Astronaut
Options
It's a new to me the community, hello everyone. Whengmar68
usertwNMpajsVC
Constellation
Options
I just upgraded to a s22ultra from a note 8 and was gifted a series 4 watch. Boy what a change! I am learning a lot.
userMD2aJHUEmY
Astronaut
Options
Oh yeah
MommaCookie
Astronaut
Options
This is my first Samsung phone. I love it.
Joeyjoe
Galaxy
Options
Love this app!! Samsung will always be my best for all my electronics!!
Joeyjoe
Galaxy
Options
S22 Ultra is a beast love my Alpha Omega 5 Gangsta
userjqSogmrPPj
Constellation
Options
Muy bueno
Jillups
Asteroid
Options
I would like a video or article on how to use this app effectively
usereiBVbEntpM
Constellation
Options
Good morning/Hola! I can't wait to be involved in all of this, I am so excited 😀. I have been a samsung user since they made their first smart phone, I can't even remember the name and then it was on to the Note 2 and I have had every note except 7 and 9 and I held on to the others in between. I was truly heartbroken 💔 when the line was discontinued but I quickly recovered with the s22 ultra. I told my cousin who was an iPhone person no iPhone for me ever, to each their own. I always teased her that the green android took the bite out of the apple, all in fun.
hotboy187
Astronaut
Options
This community thing is cool 😎..I don't know how to do everything with the s22 ultra so this is helpfull
brentdog
Astronaut
Options
Ok
Warneabro
Asteroid
Options
Hello this my first time ever posting something I'm so sorry I've never try I just wanted to say thank you to samsung for this tremendous challenges and beautiful changes to this whole samsung platform it is and honor to see that samsung is still growing and getting breakthrough of this amazing phone experience and what they allow there customer to do with there phone I've been having this Note 20 Ultra 5g and it still surprises me so much I'm gonna get the beyond experience out of this Note 20 and more to come I'm so looking forward to my culinary career and so looking forward for my first experience and wonderful device I ever owned for the first time so I'm taking this phone through my journey as well 😀 thanks everyone for allowing me to say something I'm not good at this but it dosen't hurt to start and thanks to samsung for making this excellent device the Note 20 Ultra 5g I wish everyone the best and peace and love ❤️ 🙂
Smilely4u
Halo
Options
I'm so excited to see what comes of this. Tbh I love the Samsung members community. Sometimes y'all are more insightful then Samsung, and google together. ❤️❤️❤️
Solochicken
Astronaut
Options
Will this include the Sumsung galaxy A10e
Christine77
Astronaut
Options
How n where do I start this?
Dale

Christine77
Astronaut
Options
Yes
DarkPhox
Sun
Options
I wonder what exactly this ladder is, like for example I have a rank of galaxy, I wonder what ranks are above and below me
LilGeej91
Constellation
Options
Exciting
user3U85SGcpiU
Constellation
Options
love this
WicKeDz
Astronaut
Options
Wonders why I got an anniversary badge and it has been taken away?
usermDkU7eWIYX
Constellation
Options
A very bad idea!
L0v1ngJays2
Constellation
Options
Thank you Samsung for all you do. I can't wait to learn more things from my fellow Members.
JuneWildX7773011
Astronaut
Options

I'm confused  to what this is all about! Can we play games with other members like Apple can? This is hard to follow/understand. 

Blaze73
Astronaut
Options
Loving all the awesome changes!! About to get a new watch to link with all my other Samsung devices!! Everything is much easier to find!
userSKNpzlXUFs
Astronaut
Options

a rank displayed next to their name, for example, Visitor, Top Contributor, Advisor etc. The ranks indicate if someone is relatively new to the Community, or if the  cps test    person has been an active Community member for a long time, authored multiple solutions, received recognition from other members by earning "likes", and visits the community regularly. 

userR8nDLuKwkY
Constellation
Options
And why do we need to be ranked?
allaroundstrong
Constellation
Options
Cool
MAD75
Constellation
Options
The community part is new to me too! Hello everyone!
FenFen
Constellation
Options
Very excited for the possibilities of the future ahead of Samsung!
K_87
Comet
Options
Why are some of my badges a weird grey color? I know it's the older ones, but why are they even there if u can't even click on them? Screenshot_20220421-163134_Samsung Members_81740_1650573094.jpg
Damon2010
Cosmic Ray
Options
I'm so excited for this. And the up coming Beta.
HipCat
Astronaut
Options
Thanks for all the important improvements like Control Over my Own Phone and Apps!!!
Ralph Samuel Karr Jr
LilMissRoxy
Astronaut
Options
Nice to meet you
Thailuckey101
Astronaut
Options
Loving all my Samsung devices here's the line up. Galaxy tab S8+ - Galaxy watch 4 classic - Galaxy A71 5g - Galaxy buds pro - Galaxy fast charger. For my mobile needs I only use Samsung. Have been since 2012.... I upgrade everything every 3 years.
Mrmanzueta
Constellation
Options
Looking forward to being a part of the community, looks like some good incentives!
userLgX4GtgV70
Constellation
Options
Zflip not charging