Original topic:

Adaptive Refresh Rate Bypass

(Topic created: 10-14-2021 05:38 PM)
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions

120Hz while the camera is active!

I managed to disable the 60Hz limitation while using the camera on Snapchat / Instagram. No loss in performance (Beta Moderator told me otherwise!). Proof of concept that the refresh rate cap can be officially removed without consequence. It's up to Samsung now..

10 Replies
SpenJo
Star
Options
Discussions
Can you please explain how you did it, if possible
0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I attached an XDA link @SpenJo
0 Likes
chrispy0
Comet
Options
Discussions
šŸ˜³ do tell
0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I'm attaching an xda developers link! @chrispy0
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
OffDatGoGo
Comet
Options
Discussions
I thought your name looked familiar but couldn't put my finger on it. I already have that threat pinned in XDA. Haven't done it yet tho.
0 Likes
jovy1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Took Me a few seconds to do and it's working great. Game menus are super smooth and also the whole system UI experience feels smooth also.

Don't know why Samsung devs doesn't include this as an option to begin with in Settings->Display->Motion Smoothness.

If it was that simple then they can definitely do it no matter if it sacrifices a bit more battery life that will be our choice if we would like that to happen or not. Come on devs you can do it!!
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Glad to hear you got it working!
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your post. If you would like to see a particular feature added or changed in the final version, please leave us your ideas in the Suggestions section. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.