Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Beta doesn't work on my S21 Ultra SM-998U1

(Topic created: 10-16-2021 06:03 AM)
FTA1964
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Hello, I have an S21+ (plus) with beta One Ui  working very well. I also bought an S21 Ultra (SM-998U1), I registered and also enrolled with the Ultra in beta program as well, but when I try to update software, says that it have the latest version but actually it has Android 11 with One Ui 3.1. Any ideas how to get beta One Ui update on the S21 Ultra? Thank very much.
0 Likes
8 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
There are times where there's a delay from when you sign up, until you see the install available ...

How long has it been since sign up?
FTA1964
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
About 2 or 3 hours
0 Likes
FTA1964
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
It is weird, in the S21+ when I enter samsung members, it always shows the welcome to the Beta program, however, in the S21 Ultra it never does and if I go to the banner to sign up for the beta, it only appears at the end, withdraw.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
A thought just occurred to me.

Are you using the same Samsung account for both?

If yes, maybe that's the issue (?) Maybe a different account is required for each device ... it's a guess, I've never registered for a beta for more than one device
FTA1964
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I thought the same later but first I tried with the same account, then I cleared the cache from the recovery and tried a new account, same result, I can get to the banner of joining the beta, when I agree to register, it goes directly to the bottom of the page where withdraw appears.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
That behavior, where when you "click the Register button and auto-navigates you to the Withdraw button", suggests, to me, that it somehow still "knows" you're already Registered (with the other original account)

Again, a wild guess, but the behavior seems to suggest it

EDIT:
is that new phone logged in at the top level with the "new" login account?

i. e., go to
(phone) Settings (main settings screen)

At the very top, the first entry is the "Samsung account" with an icon ... tap on it ... which account is it?

In other words, you can log into Members with different account, but the phone has this "main, top level" login, which is separate and is associated to the phone, overall
0 Likes
C4RR1LL0
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Just flash the tmobile firmware trhu Odin on your unlocked device.... I've been switching back and forth with tmobile and unlocked firmware and no issues... When I choose the unlocked firmware I always choose the T-Mobile one.... I download them from samfw.com....

https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-G998U1/TMB
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @FTA1964 ,

Your device is on G996U1UEU4ZUJ1 software update. You are already on latest beta software. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes