Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Beta program

(Topic created: 12-05-2021 09:15 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
Has anyone tested the new Beta UI 4 .0 on a Galaxy Note10?
0 Likes
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
I'm on the N10P beta
Working great
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
I decided to unenroll, I didn't even download the Software, the possibility of losing data and Samsung doesn't take responsibility for any problems that may occur. Hopefully they'll send me Android 12 in Jan 2022 like their website advertises.
0 Likes
LanceHavok
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Yea I lost all my internal and my special star wars theme when updating to one ui beta very mad
0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
To be fare there was a disclaimer basically saying "install at your own risk". But you can sideload your Star Wars firmware again using your computer and a program called Odin.
You also should have backed up all your files prior to updating.
0 Likes
LanceHavok
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I did back up all my files so I got them back but the theme is lost forever as is was linked to the orginal firmware which is not able to reinstsall because you cant go back to an older bootloader all other update after the original was the same firmware as any other note 10+
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
It's says right in the terms basically "install at your own risk". Why should samsung take responsibility for a decision you make to download beta softwares?
0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
You won't loose any data if you back it all up prior to updating as it days in the instructions for entering the beta program.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Anonymous 

Note 10 will receive an update to Android 12.  As for timeline, most likely late jan or early feb of next year. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
Working pretty great here my friend! No less of data, files etc because I have them all stored in the cloud and not on my device. Regular unlocked US unbranded NOTE 10+ here. (SM-975U1)
0 Likes