cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

How Did So Many People Miss Out On The One UI Beta??

(Topic created: 08-11-2022 12:57 AM)
GiRLFRiDaY13
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I'm very interested in how so many people missed out on the anticipated One UI 5 beta launch, especially after reading reports from others who watched religiously for a spot as a beta tester within the Samsung Members app yet still managed to miss it. I understand betas can be limited when there are millions of users but most of us on here already know that which makes me question what happened during the roll out. Especially seeing comments from people who were clearly and (in some cases) quite literally watching and refreshing the app. 

Thoughts, anyone?

9 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Depends on your device. The Beta program isn't rolled out for ALL devices at once.

But you already knew rhat, right ? 🙂
Ariscott56
Supernova
Options
Discussions
He also didn't realize that the beta release also depends on the time zones. A lot of people who asks these questions never try to find the answer themselves...
GiRLFRiDaY13
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I wasn't really asking for myself, I'm just curious about what other people think and hopefully this thread can be of assistance to others.
GiRLFRiDaY13
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Samsung released a list of eligible devices and countries up first for the beta. I assume no one knew/knows what order.
0 Likes
Buckeyeman50
Comet
Options
Discussions
Because some people don't want to be a part of it. Such as myself. I leave all the tinkering to much smarter people such as yourself apparently. Also i never have the time to really get any good opinions in.
GiRLFRiDaY13
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Since my cancer diagnosis, I have too much time! It can be maddening sometimes, you're lucky! 🙂
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
It depends on your device and there's a limit on how much participants there can be
Clockn
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I am one who waited and when the time seemed right attempted to enroll into the beta program. Apparently the time wasn't right since a message popped up stating they reached their maximum participants. They should make it available for all who have the qualified phones and give users the choice to or not to get involved, not limit licenses.
GiRLFRiDaY13
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I didn't even see that much in my notices tab, nothing about the One UI 5 beta at all yet I can see past betas in my notices. I have a qualified device in an eligible country. I'm a little bummed since I waited for it and this would have been my first. I started searching for clues as to why or how I missed it and I didn't find anything except a lot of other people looking for the same answers. I had hoped Samsung Members would appreciate a post on this.
0 Likes