JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Restore "Easy Mode" to One UiI for ALL models of Android Phones

(Topic created: 09-15-2022 08:56 AM)
SYR-RPK
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

One UI Easy Mode was a valuable tool for setting up phones for older users who just need basic phone options with large icons and keyboards they can see.

Easy Mode has been removed from older Samsung phones like the A13 model but is still available on S20 and higher models. 

Yes, the A13 model is "obsolete" but what 80 year old is going to spend $800+ for a phone they don't want to learn how to use or can't learn to use.

Please reverse this poorly thought-out decision and restore Easy Mode to all phone models - It is already developed and costs next to nothing to just leave it active.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

View solution in context

6 Replies
Options
Discussions
I'm not sure this is the right place for your post. but good luck with it, accessibility tools like easy mode, should be accessible to all Samsung users.

my neighbor is 78, and regularly buys $1k phones. he has no clue how to use anything except the phone, and messages.
retired people have disposable money.
SYR-RPK
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Thank you for the reply; if you have a suggestion on where else I should direct this subject, I would be grateful.

Of course, some elders may have the resources to spend but those living in the USA on Social Security alone often struggle to pay for basic necessities like medications and food.

Options
Discussions
In the general section of the Samsung members app. When you open the app click the blue button to go to the Kembers area.
This section is for the Beta Software.

Some seniors in America struggle, but that's not typical. Most are retired collecting pensions, 401k, or savings. Most people have a retirement plan, and don't rely solely on social security. Yes there's plenty that do, I'd imagine it's a location/demographic thing. Screenshot_20220916_091626_Samsung Members_1000001029_1663344986.jpg
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Easy mode?Screenshot_20220915_220447_Settings_1000000162_1663315488.jpg
0 Likes
SYR-RPK
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Yes, that's it. Samsung removed access to the option on the cheaper A13 model cell phone. 

It's still available on my Note20 Ultra 5G and the S22 I looked at Verizon but it has been removed from the A13. 

When I asked Samsung via Chat, the response was that model was discontinued. Yes, but so what? They updated it OTA to Android 12 but removed Easy Mode as an option under Settings  Display. 

Solution
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team