Original topic:

Quick Share/Bluetooth/Nearbyshare/Smartswitch

(Topic created: 03-05-2024 12:03 AM)
LadyFla
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I went to the bathroom in the office I work on. When I came back I saw these quick access buttons on, in my phone. It seems that anyone can turn on these and have access to your phone since the quick screen slides down without having a password access. Someone can replicate my phone with smartswitch on. Is there a way to block the quick button display to show without having the pin number of the phone?
8 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Only certain functions in the Quick Panel are available while your phone has a secure lock method enabled. This includes things like the flashlight and always on display. Other functions, like Wi-Fi, location, Bluetooth, mobile hotspot, etc. require biometrics/password/pin to be entered.
LadyFla
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
My Samsung flip phone z 5 has the edit button on the display without the passcode.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yes, but if you have a secure lock method enabled then this will not be accessible for people to alter. If you have Extend Lock enabled (trusted devices or trusted location), then this will override that lock method. When locked, the important/personal functions of the phone can't be accessed. You can test this out yourself by locking the screen and trying to turn Bluetooth on or off. It should require you to enter your password/pin.
LadyFla
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I have not activated extend lock screen. There isn't an option in this phone for secure lock screen that allows to block quick buttons in galaxy flip.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The Quick Panel itself will always be available to access. Some of the buttons require password/pin to be activated or deactivated. I just locked my screen and tried to turn off the location, turn off Bluetooth, and tried selecting the pencil icon. All of these needed the phone to be unlocked.
LadyFla
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yeah. But you check your phone. Then close it. Open ot again and swipe down from the top, it will always show network, Bluetooth, and other sharing options. It should block every single time along with the lock screen. Flip phones have a failure or just the lock between recent access is the issue if let's you display quick buttons and the edit button for quick buttons without adding the passcode for the screen lock.
0 Likes
nichcorley
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Nearby share
0 Likes
Princ
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I saw a device t60 below music share on my phone bluetooth. Music Share. Is it some could be using this to listen to my phone conversation and how can I stop this