Original topic:

Allow Software Update for just a single bud

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy Buds

This is really more of a enhancement "request" than a "help me" request. Samsung, can you make it where a person can still do the software update if they only have 1 earbud? You allow us to "reset" if we only have one bud, but we can't get the up to date software with only one....I would THINK this is a simple programming change. 

Just because we lost one bud doesn't mean we don't want updates. 🙂 Throw us a bone! Allow software updates. 
0 Likes
7 Replies
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Buds
For future reference you can get a replacement bud on Ebay. Just type in the buds model number there will be left right or case.
0 Likes
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy Buds
I actually fell for this advice from this forum...and then spent hours on the phone with Samsung CS to be told I can't pair the two together and that I had to trade them in for a new pair.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Buds
This is from Samsungs website, unless they pushed an update to disable it!

https://www.samsung.com/africa_en/support/mobile-devices/how-to-couple-with-a-newly-purchased-earbud....
0 Likes
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy Buds
Yes I saw that. It's Africa. The tech explained it's not available in All regions.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Buds
Have you tried all of the steps. I had this happened to me, lost a case for Budss Pro, last gen. Had no problems pairing it.

They actually sent an update to specially disable the ability to pair replacement parts. Wow!
0 Likes
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy Buds
Yep. Unfortunately I tried all the steps and even the Samsung rep confirmed it is not possible.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Buds
Petty, greed!
0 Likes