JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Series allergic reaction

(Topic created: 09-06-2021 07:46 PM)
JoeE2009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I, like so many others, am having severe issues with my ears after wearing my Buds Pro. I awoke this morning at 3:30 with very wet ears. They also are very itchy.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I had the same symptoms. But, after my ears began to heal, the flaking and extreme itching began. I noticed it began not long after wearing them. I discontinued use.

Last night, I wanted to try again. I wiped down the silicone tips with alcohol. I wore them for roughly 10 minutes and here we are. Wide awake on a work day with awful symptoms.

I own multiple Samsung devices. My televisions (2), 4K UHD Bluray, sound bar and surround sound, phones, tablets and I just bought the Galaxy Book Go. I love that I can connect everything. Needless to say, I am disappointed in the Buds.

What can be done to make this right? Thank you. 

397 Replies
Members_xC3ZUSH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I am also having reaction after using the buds for 5 hours in a day.  What are the tips made of?  Are there any hypoallergenic tips or other solutions? 

ErrenGlover
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Buds
I believe they're made of silicone. I would contact Samsung personally. I had to..
Leify
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds
They're definitely not hypoallergenic. I had to change mine out for every pair of Buds I have. They have issues for sure. They try to hide this and shove it under the rug but they use something known to be an allergen apparently.
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Buds
Please Contact Samsung support 🙏 if this is a medical issue it's needs to be shared with the community
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Buds
“Although rare, certain people experience a reaction to wearing ear buds. This can be as a result of a variety of factors such as allergies, wearing the ear buds for prolonged periods, exposure to sweat or skin care products and other usage habits. We encourage customers to follow the care and use instructions for the device and encourage any customer with questions regarding their Galaxy Buds Pro to reach out to us directly at 1-800-SAMSUNG
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Buds
silicone tips
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

@Members_xC3ZUSH I understand how concerning this is. I have received your private message and will follow up with you there.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Ariscott56
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Buds
So far, my experience with theGalaxy Buds Pro have been excellent. I'm rocking with thelarge size ear tips that came out of the box and they seem to fit pretty well when I twist them in at the right angle. I'm getting about5-6 hours of use. I'd say that both the earbuds and the case charge quite faster than I expected. The ambient sound compared to the Galaxy Buds Plus have significantly improved by a lot (the Buds Plus make a static sound when it detects something high pitched while the Buds Pro just cancels it out.) Haven't gotten any ear irritation recently which you should be aware of how clean the case and the earbuds are as bacteria can build up. I've also heard how splendid the reviews of the Galaxy Buds2 are, but I won't even bother coming close to those as the water resistance, sound quality, and ANC (as I only use on occasions) don't even surpass the Galaxy Buds Pro, which is to be expected from the lower price tag. If you have big ears, you'll enjoy these earbuds✌🏿
0 Likes
userMzSVleCzFQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I am a Samsung girl for life but this purchase is the worst I've ever made. They irritate both my ears and fall off so easily. I spend more time removing them from my ears and picking them of the floor then I do using them to listen. Has anyone found a solution to keeping them in your ears. 

Thanks 

Nugget
Halo
Options
Galaxy Buds
I found this on wiki how not sure if it will help you: If your earbuds don't seem to sit comfortably in your ears, you may simply need to insert them more carefully. Stretch your earlobe gently with one hand to open the ear canal while inserting each earbud, then release so that your ear cavity shapes itself around the earbud and forms a tight seal."
I've been considering purchasing one of the Samsung Buds but not sure which one or if any of them are for me because in the past buds of their shape would always fall out and I've lost a few already, but the Samsung ecosystem does look so enticing