JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S PEN not pairing

(Topic created: 11-27-2022 05:30 AM)
magwy77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Just bought ZFold 4 bought an S Pen :pen:to pair with device but its not the one with Bluetooth or wireless connectability.
Its the basic Samsung S Pen with one button. They ZFold4 will not connect with it. Its ridiculous. Kinda like it almost has to be like a Note series where is attached before its paired.
Other than than that my stylus for a $1.25 works better than a $45 piece of plastic. It also gives me an error that when i attempt to use it when i open up my fold4 "must remove zflop out of zfold mode to use the non connecting device.

S Pen I am complaining about
Any one can help or this phone has become totally too difficult if the pen wont pair 🤔😬what else can???

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@magwy77 An S Pen from other devices will not work with the Fold 4.

In your picture you show the S Pen Fold edition and does allow you to use Air commands. The S Pen Fold edition does not pair with the Fold 4 because it doesn't have Bluetooth. That means that there are no Air actions.

The S Pen Fold edition does allow you to use Air command which your "stylus for a $1.25" does not. 

If you want an S Pen to pair with the Fold 4 you will need to buy the S Pen Pro. This will allow you to use Air actions. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@magwy77 An S Pen from other devices will not work with the Fold 4.

In your picture you show the S Pen Fold edition and does allow you to use Air commands. The S Pen Fold edition does not pair with the Fold 4 because it doesn't have Bluetooth. That means that there are no Air actions.

The S Pen Fold edition does allow you to use Air command which your "stylus for a $1.25" does not. 

If you want an S Pen to pair with the Fold 4 you will need to buy the S Pen Pro. This will allow you to use Air actions.