Original topic:

new to the Z Fold 4 hardware - with case/wireless charging for vehicle - Suggestions?

(Topic created: 09-20-2022 03:08 AM)
kytech
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello Fold 4 community / SME's,

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience in purchasing a medium protection case that allows for wireless charging and has a wireless car dock?  Case and Wireless car dock is not required to be the same company, just work together.   If not, I may be missing my Galaxy 22 Ultra real soon. Appreciate any suggestions, recommendations, or experience.  Thank You!

MR973
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yes,got it from Amazon. And I'm using the case that came with my pre-order.
ohnalsega
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

I ordered the Otterbox Symmetry case for the Fold 4 the day pre-orders went up and that was a mistake.

I'm typing on the phone with the case on and the borders around the front screen are huge. Not only that, the front left of the case border is encroaching big time on the screen itself and I am already getting cramps trying to type on this thing.

Every time I open the phone up, the left side of the case partially pops out and I have to push it back in. Unbelievable that Otterbox is charging $80 for this and I have to pay for returning it. Jokes on me I guess.

The_Woo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
My first fold  and surprisingly there is a small variety of cases for this phone. However, I think I found one that is great. It's the Samsung Grip case. The handle is great for open or closed, is comfortable and provides good protection without a lot of bulk. Plus it looks fire... 
Curious what others are using??? Here's what I tried so far:

Samsung spen and Kickstand case - good case. Hate switching out the stand and pen
Spigen Slim Armor- started leaving light scratches on my screen
Spigen Thin fit with spen- weird shaped case. Tough to hold
Spigen Neo hybrid- waiting on this case. Looks awesome
UAG- front protector is too big and the hinge protector gets stuck
Beastkilla
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Bro this is my first fold also. I switched from the note 20 ultra and so far I'm loving it. And the case I'm using on my fold is the red unicorn Beetle pro. I love this case. It also come with a built in screen protector. Not the one with the hindge protection. I think that adds to much bolk. This is a beast of a phone though
Beastkilla
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Also have you gotten any update for your fold 4? I'm still on the July security
0 Likes
The_Woo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Not yet man! Unlocked, TMO - California
The_Woo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Right on!! I saw that one! I may have to try that one out. How is the built in screen protector?
Beastkilla
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
The protector works great. I had a glass protector but I had to take it off for the case to work. And I don't know why Samsung is waiting so long to give it to us. I have the 512gb unlocked that I bought through samsung.com. I'm in Cali also. I hope they update it soon and not make me belive I should have stuck with the note 20 ultra. At least that had all the updates lol
The_Woo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
The update has been pushed in Europe, so hopefully soon. I can't imagine going back to a regular phone after this...lol.... although, I am going to trade in my pixel 6 pro for the 7 pro. Pixel is still hands down, best photos!!!
0 Likes
SolidBoss7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
S pen case.from Samsung here. By far the best with the hump on the back for what I believe to be the most natural to hold in the hand. Also holds the pen obviously. I'd never use a kickstand on anything. If I'm watching something THAT long and relaxed it's not going to be on a phone.