Dear Sir or Madam.
You must find a way so that we can turn off ALL CALLS FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT IN OUR CONTACT LIST.
It is impossible to work nowadays with all the salespeople and robocallers that are always interrupting us at the worst times.
Please develop a feature we can use such as " Only accept calls and messages from people in your contact list" that´s it.
Millions of people will thank you for giving us that option ok?
@usericfC8hj8ha Have you tried this:
- Open the Phone app
- Click the 3 dot menu
- Click on Settings
- Click on Block numbers
- Enable "Block unknown/private numbers"
- You can also click on "Block spam and scam calls"
This is not a solution, it robo callers are using spoofed numbers and my service provider (Rogers Canada) doesn't offer robo caller blocking nor allow/deny listing at the service. This is terribly disappointing this phone does not have such a feature!
I am very sorry to hear you are dealing with robo calls. Unfortunately, you would need to contact your carrier, as they are the ones that manage spam controls and such in regards to your network services. I apologize for the inconvenience.
This is a trick that I have been using for many years now - learnt this on Samsung forums. This option only works for silencing the ringtone and doesn't actually "block" the call. I use Google Contacts to manage my Phone Contacts.
- Goto contacts.google.com and create a new label with name of your choice. I named mine as "All in Google"
- Now apply this label to all your contacts. This can be easily done by selecting all contacts and dragging it and dropping it over the label name
- This label will get sync-ed to your phone contacts shortly
- Goto Sounds -> Ringtone and set it to Silent
- Then open Contacts app
- Click on the hamburger button and then open Groups
- If the sync has worked, you should be able to see the new group name there
- Click on the group name and then the Pencil icon
- There you should be able to see the Group ringtone option
- Set your favorite ringtone for the group and Save
If you now receive a call from a strange number, since it is not part of the group created, it will follow the default Silent ringtone set in the Sounds. Whereas, if you receive a call from a person in your group, it will play the ringtone set for the group. This way, you will get notified of the incoming Spam call, but hopefully wont be disturbed by it.
Few things to note:
- On my older Samsung phone, there used to be a default group saying My Contacts. Thus anytime a new contact is added on the phone, it used to be part of that default group and I could set a specific ringtone for that group. On my new S-21, such a default group is not present. So, everytime I add a new contact, I need to be careful to add them to my Google group, so that I can hear them when calling.
- You can use this same trick to avoid being disturbed by certain contacts. Just remove the label from their name and default silent ringtone will be applied to their calls.
- If you have set the phone to vibrate on incoming calls, it will still do so, even if the ringtone is silenced by the above settings.