Original topic:

Broken S-Pen Note 8

(Topic created: 08-22-2018 02:09 PM)
da2zoe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I was using my s-pen tonight and I broke on the top third of the pen right where the silver strip that says Samsung starts. I was just sliding across the screen, not doing anything other than what it was designed to do. I've had my Note 8 less then a month. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm hoping I just got a dud and that it isn't a common manufacturing issue with the 8 series.

0 Likes
93 Replies
userSLftsahn8s
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Happened to me too. It is definitely a design flaw. It also happened with my last Galaxy note pen. I ordered a replacement and it arrived broken. It's always in the same place and there is not way to repair it that will allow it to be re-inserted in the phone. This definitely needs to be "kicked up to management". Nobody can afford to be spending $40 a month for a new pen from now on. Very disappointing!

userGIBXj7ozTI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yeah there is, just apply a very tiny bit of cyanoacrylate based super glue at the very edges at the top after dusting it with regular baking soda - careful not to plug the core in middle. Dries almost immediately, then afterwards you'll need to use a Dremel-like tool to just make sure any excess glue /etc isn't going to hamper its path in and out (make sure it's firmly attached before inserting it back into your device). And then BOOM profit 😏You've just saved between 30 and 50$. 

0 Likes
userDOUm6RTkPi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same issue happened to me

@da2zoe wrote:
I was using my s-pen tonight and I broke on the top third of the pen right where the silver strip that says Samsung starts. I was just sliding across the screen, not doing anything other than what it was designed to do. I've had my Note 8 less then a month. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm hoping I just got a dud and that it isn't a common manufacturing issue with the 8 series.

userDOUm6RTkPi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Seriously for a thousand dollar phone why isn't the spen made

userHo1kvYBvWD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Mine just broke after a couple months. Clean break where the silver trim is-just like every one else. It's a design flaw and it's pretty crappy that replacements for it are $40. The whole reason I got this phone was for the using the pen.. not looking forward to buying new plastic pens that will break every couple months. I love you Samsung-but this stinks!! 

0 Likes
userrtJp0eMTqK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I bought mine 3-29-2018 and my stylus did the same thing last weekend...while researching I have discovered it is a common problem with the Note 8 phones. I am still in search of how to fix this. Love the phone but stylus is junk!

0 Likes
Mandyp01
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I agree I love the phone but without my pen it's just another phone

0 Likes
userkXQ1xvpV7l
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Me and my brother both have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Both of our S Pens broke in the exact same spot. We were just using them like regular and then BOOM, they broke. I think they are cheaply made. 

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello @userP2ec9GM6B2, I will be happy to look into this for you. Do you mind sending me your model number, serial number or IMEI of your device? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes