JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Contacts deleted after update

(Topic created: 04-21-2020 06:09 PM)
kaiya_h
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My phone went through an update last night and this morning I found that it had deleted some of my contacts, some of people I had texted just the day before, had to go back through and re-add them to my contacts. I'm curious why it did that. Also, worried that it deleted other contacts that I haven't noticed yet and won't until I need to call or text them or receive a call or text. Will this resolve itself? Or is it something I can't do anything about?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@kaiya_h wrote:

My phone went through an update last night and this morning I found that it had deleted some of my contacts, some of people I had texted just the day before, had to go back through and re-add them to my contacts. I'm curious why it did that. Also, worried that it deleted other contacts that I haven't noticed yet and won't until I need to call or text them or receive a call or text. Will this resolve itself? Or is it something I can't do anything about?

Try this... Contacts > 3 dashes upper left side > Click the top item on the list.  Should be a highlighted color.  It tells your phone which list of names to use in your contact list.  Samsung, on the phone, Sim Card Google, MS Exchange...  (This are the ones on my phone)  Select the one that says All Contacts and see if that restores your missing ones.  It's more like a filter.  Selecting All contacts brings in everyone.  

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@kaiya_h wrote:

Try this... Contacts > 3 dashes upper left side > Click the top item on the list.  Should be a highlighted color.  It tells your phone which list of names to use in your contact list.  Samsung, on the phone, Sim Card Google, MS Exchange...  (This are the ones on my phone)  Select the one that says All Contacts and see if that restores your missing ones.  It's more like a filter.  Selecting All contacts brings in everyone.  

kaiya_h
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks! I think it worked.