JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Status bar overlap after security update on Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created: 12-15-2022 01:22 PM)
SebbyLostHisCrown
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My status bar sometimes does this ever since the December 1st security update on my Note 20 Ultra

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for reaching out.  I can certainly see how confusing the overlap on your status bar can be, and I would be happy to look into this further for you. I would first recommend testing your device in safe mode. If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode to see if you are still experiencing these symptoms: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Are you using any themes or third party launchers on your device? If you are using a theme, I would recommend going back to the default theme to see if you still experience these symptoms.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for reaching out.  I can certainly see how confusing the overlap on your status bar can be, and I would be happy to look into this further for you. I would first recommend testing your device in safe mode. If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode to see if you are still experiencing these symptoms: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Are you using any themes or third party launchers on your device? If you are using a theme, I would recommend going back to the default theme to see if you still experience these symptoms.

SebbyLostHisCrown
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Removing the theme fixed my problem! Thank you so much
0 Likes