Original topic:

Unable to connect to Android Auto after last software update

(Topic created: 10-19-2021 03:04 AM)
Hurricane75
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Ever since the last software update, I have been unable to properly connect my phone to my vehicle using Android Auto.  I have done everything, including a factory reset.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.   Thank you.

5 Replies
DanG92263
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
How are you connecting, USB-C or BT? I've only ever been able to connect via USB-C.
0 Likes
Hurricane75
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I connect through BT and the connection is there. Its the Android auto that won't connect. The phone Idles and say searching for Android auto, but won't connect. I get the audio through my speakers but my apps...etc won't connect to my car
0 Likes
TheSMQ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I am having a similar issue. I have a 21 Honda Civic and when connecting via USB AA will kinda work... but I thought it might be the cable, so I switched to just the BT in the car. Now I can't use my phone for calls in the car at all. When I am connected to a call and get in the car, the call drops and you cannot even see anything about the call on my phone. Literally unable to use hands free in the car at all. Any solution would be great.
0 Likes
Val99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
S21 USB connection is different then Pixel 5. On Pixel on USB settings both "This device" and "Transferring files..." are selected. On S21 only "This device" stay selected. Looks like Samsung is incapable to fix it even if it is an old issue. Very frustrating.
0 Likes
Val99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
After I try everything Android Auto start working again after I replace the USB cable. I bought a premium cable and I use it for a month now without any problem.
0 Likes