Original topic:

samsung Galaxy NOTE 8 crashing constantly after complete discharge

(Topic created: 05-16-2022 04:24 PM)
Kiifer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I guess this model is a too old to have it's own section lol 😭.  Anyway, I purchased a note 8 from eBay, never had a reason to even suspect it had a problem, in fact I was shocked how nice it was, but, .... Then it became revealed after my return time had ran out.   I let it go dead, no battery like dead, so I charge it up, to my surprise that was going to be the last day I used her. After it was over 50 percent I turned it on, it booted to the bios mode, I did every thing I knew to do, I actually let it sit a few days, it got to where I could run it in safe mode only. To make this short, I read the error code, it appears that it was once an ATnT phone at one time, because it crashes looking for the file associated with at&t... Is it possible to just get a copy of android 9 pie and reinstall it myself ? Or would that fix it ? It at the bios screen again today because I turned it off last night.   Craziest mess I ever seen.  Ill try to post the message I can ask it for, that caused it to crash.   As far a **bleep** factory reset and all the other options, I have done every one..  (it's a glitch in the matrix) I need a programmer to help with I'm sure. 

I don't see a place it will let me add a photo. Because I'm doing this post wrong to begin with. Ty to who ever can help, I'm using a note 8 now, I have an app that literally will clone partitions and hard drives on my Mac running win 11.. I bet that may work. But not until it's running proper again. Ty for ur time, only someone that really wants to get dirty will help here. lol ty!!! 
15 Replies
NukeLife
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
So did you try the factory reset?
0 Likes
Kiifer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
lol. 1st and 2nd and 43 44 times lol
0 Likes
Lrock
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
his firmware is corrupted. he'd just be resetting to a fresh corrupted state. note 8s predate a/b partitions
0 Likes
Lrock
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I can walk you through a Odin flash, easy peasy. As long as you're able to boot into windows and run apps, or can get down with Terminal on a Mac. In which case Heimdall , not odin
Kiifer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have Mac big sur and win 11 pro running. Dealers choice. I am very interested in your help. I'm a CompTIA Aplus certified tech, and have been a developer for apple several years, we parted on no so nice terms, I vowed never to use an I ANYTHING. BUT I do like my 2013 model Mac that is thinner than today's windows based hardware, and I'm running 2 actually I have android on it as well, and never updated any hardware. That like, what would a hp or Sony or any company really, that was windows based, it can assure u there are probably zero 9 year old pc's still running lol. And this company was using the hard drive that was thinner and super fast, like a stick of ram lol. Ok by all means I would love a step by step. Ty for the offer !!! Let's just go ahead and flash it to UI3 and android 12 lol
0 Likes
Lrock
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
i am still using a desktop pc i built over 15 years ago as a near daily driver and it still outperforms most consumer and business class desktop pcs on the market today 🙃

first things first, i need the phone's model number
Kiifer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I must go for now. I'll check in see what u said tomorrow. . and ty again for your help, I had already installed it. It didn't help. It's the weirdest thing, it u don't turn it off, and keep it charged it works fine, but by accident I turned it off last night. I knew this was coming. It's the note 8 SM- N950U1
0 Likes
Lrock
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
actually lets try hitting the easy button first.

https://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchmac/

smart switch for mac, install that, plug in your device, follow the prompts from the app and see if it repairs your firmware
0 Likes
Kiifer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yea, tried all the basics. I got a photo of the part that's crashing. Maybe someone has the file and I can restore it
0 Likes