Original topic:

screen auto change bluelight filter after update to one ui 2.0

(Topic created: 04-16-2020 06:17 PM)
userX23s2XsHde
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

I encountered the problem of screen blur and has the color like bluelight filter turning on after updating to android 10 and one ui 2.0. If I stop using for a while and turn on the phone ahain the problem disappeared but after a couple minutes the pproblem happened againB2CA87EC-6E3D-466E-8607-802353DCBD05.jpeg

432 Replies
userObjTlf8udg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi Justin,

Just sent you a private DM with my info.  This issue has to be software related...look at the screenshot I took today while having the issue...it does not replicate on the screenshot but the phone is terrible and barely usable.  Thanks .Screenshot_20200413-181349.jpg

0 Likes
userObjTlf8udg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have been in touch with Samsung Support USA via Twitter since yesterday. Today we did a soft reset and also a reset in the settings section before that.  Problem replicated but noticed that if you move the adaptive brighness level bar to the right (max) the issue goes away.  I am still testing but the problem seems to have gone away.  This is definitely a bug and it's software related.  Try it out and let me know.

0 Likes
userObjTlf8udg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

In hopes that Samsung devolopers see this, these are the steps I followed with Samsung Support via Twitter, unit seems to be working ok for now, certainly a software fix seems to be needed: My ticket number is #32299946.

1. Reset settings under General Management>Reset>Reset Setings
  2. Did a soft reset to the unit
  3. Booted in Safe Mode to see if the problem replicated...it did
  4. Wiped the unit's cache partition

Issue kept coming back but in between, noticed that by turning off the adaptive brightness button and moving the brightness level slider left or right the issue goes away.  I have

@userObjTlf8udg wrote:

I have been in touch with Samsung Support USA via Twitter since yesterday. Today we did a soft reset and also a reset in the settings section before that.  Problem replicated but noticed that if you move the adaptive brighness level bar to the right (max) the issue goes away.  I am still testing but the problem seems to have gone away.  This is definitely a bug and it's software related.  Try it out and let me know.

been testing for 1/2 hour and has not come back. This really seems to be a bug (software related) and would love for a fix to arrive, as so are many on here.

0 Likes
Rafal_Rambo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi.

I have now installed the update from March 1 (N960FXXS5DTB6) and I have no problems with the screen, now (18.04) I got the update from April 1 (N960FXXU5DTCA) it can be installed? as I had no problems with the previous one.

0 Likes
kumarsiva07
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
@samsung978531 Justin - I am also facing after updating the software.
0 Likes
user7P0SJShwfp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@SamsungJustin Is there any progress made on this issue ?

0 Likes
Zephroth
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

woudl love to pm but seem samsung has decided its had enough of me.  I cant send you PMs.

0 Likes
userzAW7OuVKU8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

hi

i am also facing same blue screen issue for samsung note9

0 Likes
ANUVNY
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It has been over 3 months and there is no acknowledgement from SAMSUNG on this issue.

@samsung978531 

Thousands of people have reported this issue a cross samsungs 9 and 10 , and 20 series product lines in Samsung and other website forums and still samsung is quite on this issue . 

Customers pay lot of money on trusted brand products with the expectation that their products will last long and they would get good customer support . 

This is not fair "Samsung ". You neither acknowledged that this is a software issue nor released a fix it from past 3 months . Do you care about your products and customers ? Do you want to set this as an example for your future customers ? 

userxNn8awaXZn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi Justin - Also experiencing the issue since March update. The issue is consistently reproducible by activating the display immediately after locking - the screen activates with a hazy yellowish greenish tint with faint horizontal lines.

So far, the workaround for me is to make sure Always On Display is shown before unlocking/activating the display.

My phone details - Used for approximately 12 months, SM-N9600, Hong Kong version, QP1A.190711.020.N9600ZHS4DTD5.