JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't receive text messages fix

(Topic created: 01-07-2022 05:32 PM)
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I don't know know if anyone else has had this problem, but I wasn't able to receive text messages on my Galaxy S10+ for about three days. I tried several things such as restarting my phone and switching between the default messaging app and Google Message which didn't help. It wasn't my service, I have unlimited data and it picks up signal about anywhere. I finally decided to boot my phone up into recovery mode and proceeded to wipe my cache partition and than I selected the repair apps option. When my phone booted up it got spammed with all the text messages I couldn't see for three days, but I could text again and it fixed the problem. 

I hope this problem gets fixed, and I would like to know what caused it so I can avoid it. It just happened out of nowhere without a warning and I started to get anxious because I thought people were ignoring my texts. 
12 Replies
user9S0npAZKKg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I too have this problem but it is only with one certain contact I have called my carrier so many times and they assured me everything was working fine in their end. It is so frustrating. I too have done all the steps you mentioned above as well restarting phone and trying other messaging apps.
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully Samsung will release a fix for this issue. Good to know I wasn't the only one having it.
0 Likes
user9S0npAZKKg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you, yes hopefully Samsung looks into this issue and fixes it. Hope you aren't having this issue anymore as of now.
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm not having this issue anymore, the recovery mode method I stated is what fixed my phone.
jadesley
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi did you lose your text messages when you did the recovery mode?
Thx!
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I delete my chat every time I'm done texting, so I'm not sure. It shouldn't delete anything though. The recovery process re-optimizes all of your apps, so it shouldn't lose memory of anything.
jadesley
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ok . Thank you very much. I will try this option today. 🙂
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Good luck, I hope it fixes your issue. 😄
jadesley
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you.. I'm still hesitant on doing it as I am worried about losing my texts.. I keep a lot of them for backup if needed.. if you know what I mean..