Original topic:

New Samsung Wallet Possible Security Flaw

(Topic created: 06-25-2022 12:19 PM)
SamsungSpookyProject
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I found that when you open the new Samsung Wallet app, you can just tap the Menu tab on the bottom (without the need to use a fingerprint or password) and it takes you directly to your profile page. The page includes ALL the Samsung Pass passwords you have stored and are all easily visible without a necessary fingerprint or password. Someone can also access/toggle other vital data too like your profile information. 

Samsung, please fix this security flaw as soon as possible because anyone will be able to see this information. Thank you. 
18 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Maybe set up security first? I've tried it several times now and every time it wants my fingerprint or pattern.

Judging by your name I'm assuming you just come here to fear monger?
SamsungSpookyProject
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I don't appreciate your assumption. I am just noting a potential security flaw. Thank you..
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If you genuinely feel there's an issue then I apologize, but as I've noted in my reply down below there is no security issue. You'd have to do something extremely stupid for someone else.to be able to get to your private info.
SamsungSpookyProject
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ok fine. I was just trying to make it fail safe. Because if anyone took a hold of your phone while it was open and knew what I knew about this, they "could" just tap open the Wallet app and then tap the Menu tab. Once of that page, just open the Settings gear and it will take you to the page with your name and address information. That's all what I was trying to say.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If someone grabbed your phone while you were using the wallet, they would probably just be trying to steal the phone, not try to get to that specific spot in the wallet app. And did you know that you don't have to have your address info there? You can just leave it blank if you want.

I get your concern, but just use some common sense (like pressing the power button as soon as you've finished doing whatever you gotta do in the app) and pay attention to your surroundings while using it, and you won't have anything to worry about.
0 Likes
SamsungSpookyProject
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Correction to my last Post: I noticed that you do need a fingerprint or password to enter your Samsung Pass information, but only on the first time you open it. Regardless, if someone were to go to the Settings gear, they can see all of your information like name and address.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's not a security flaw if you had to use security to get to it. It does reset after a brief period of time (I don't know exactly how long, but it's pretty short). If you had to use your fingerprint every time you touched anything in the app that would make it nearly unusable.

If you open the app with your password then go to menu and try to access information that can pose a security risk then it asks for your password again. The only time it does not is if you navigate elsewhere in the app then navigate back to the private information. If you go to any other app then come back, it requires your credentials again.

If you are opening the wallet app, navigating to information that should be secured, unlocking that info, then leaving your phone sitting around with the screen on and that information displayed, that is not a Samsung security issue. That is a user security issue and Samsung can't fix that.
0 Likes
SamsungSpookyProject
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ok. I understand your point. Maybe it is just in S10 Plus. But whrn I open the Wallet app, I do not need to put my fingerprint in to tap the Menu tab at the bottom. I could then easily go to the Settings gear on the top right corner, the scroll down to Profile. It opens up without the need of any password.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Dude, it wants my fingerprint for everything
0 Likes