JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Old files have been removed and 3GB of random files appeared

(Topic created: 03-01-2021 03:26 AM)
userCrHZRZqUqF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok, so I gave my daughter my old S8 as a game/music device and she's been using it fine for about 8 months.

I recently showed her how to move her photos and videos and the SD card to free up space which worked fine but today she told me she'd free 3gb. When queried she advises she moved lots of files but this was sadly not images or videos but files from any old place.

I've located where shemoved them all too but regrettably she moved file contents, not files so it's a mass jumble of 3gb of random files, many now (1) to (9) and above duplicates so I have no idea at all where they came from.

I assume there is no magic fix for this and I my best best is to remove fauly apps and start again, formatting if system files have been moved?

Thanks in advance

Ryan

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
nopen1278
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The easiest way is probably what you said about fixing faulty apps and formatting system over if needed. If you are backing up through samsung or Google it may help with a restore.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
TCamp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Kids are awesome!😉🤣 Good luck!
Solution
nopen1278
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The easiest way is probably what you said about fixing faulty apps and formatting system over if needed. If you are backing up through samsung or Google it may help with a restore.

View solution in context

0 Likes