Original topic:

Phone goes black and restarts randomly

(Topic created: 04-06-2020 09:36 AM)
G-ProPIA
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I have noticed this over the past couple of months. When I am out and in certain stores, my phone suddenly goes black and restarts for no reason. This never happens at home on my wifi. Any idea why this s10 behaves this way?

0 Likes
3 Replies
mchivara
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The first thing I would do is backup all information via samsung smartswitch/google account, so all of your information is properly saved. If this continues, you may have to factory reset the phone as it could indicate a software issue. If the problem persists after resetting the phone using factory reset, you may have to service the phone at a service center.

0 Likes
G-ProPIA
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok , this is a Samsung s10...fairly new. Strange that it would have this issue. It did this in several stores. Odd behavior. I am mostly at home on wifi and ot never happens there. Not sure what is causing this sudden restart.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello,

I would try wiping the cache partition on your device and see if that helps any.

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

If those steps didn't help, try testing the device in safe mode to see if a third-party app may be causing this to occur.

Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

If the symptoms still persist, a factory reset would be recommended at this point, before doing this step make sure your device is fully backed up, so you won't lose any important data.

You have an option to have a technician take a better look at the symptoms you are experiencing at a UBreakIFix repair center.