JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Should I get a new battery for an old backup S5?

(Topic created: 01-16-2023 08:14 AM)
userQteg8fgDHG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Need experienced opinions: I have an old Galaxy S5 with the battery on it's last leg. I just want to have a dependable backup phone for the ones we are using now. When it is fully charged and plugged in it works well for it's age- aside from a little lag. Is it worthwhile to order a new battery? I figure some of the folks on here have a lot of S5 knowledge. Thank You for your time. BKP

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Check the cost of a new battery
If you want a back up get a Mid range A line phone the s5 is so outdated I wouldn't use it as a back up

View solution in context

4 Replies
DaleNet
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
For a backup, I guess it could do OK. It was a good phone in it's time. Quite out dated now. As for worth getting a new battery, that is up to you if it is worth the cost.
0 Likes
userQteg8fgDHG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It was a great phone...back when. Maybe a good used newer S model or Note would be more justified. Thank you

0 Likes
Solution
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Check the cost of a new battery
If you want a back up get a Mid range A line phone the s5 is so outdated I wouldn't use it as a back up
userQteg8fgDHG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have already been looking at some newer used Galaxy models. That may be my best route- I hate not having a decent old one to "fall back" on. I appreciate your help

0 Likes